Marcus Maddison - Joined Charlton

Cam the Ram

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

At times ! What about the game after ?

Thats gone , but you can't take away b1tch slapping that oh so smug look off their faces as they went two up , after that it went down the toilet for them . Some games you just treasure for a lifetime. 

duck Lampard he’s done us zilch favours since going and messing up our pre season last season  ....not one youngster on loan I would’ve thought we,d at least had had one and before anyone says did we ask ? We ended up with Dowell ffs anyone would’ve been better than him ...I don’t get this Lampard love in ...the game against Leeds he got lucky ...because of injury he brought Marriott on for Holmes not a tactical change was due to injury I think it was and he scored immediately then royally ducked it up at Wembley by leaving our best strikers on the bench and playing Bennett who’s carp 

20 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What? He's playing for free? Sign him up!

His wages aren’t going to be huge though are they, you smart aleck. Maximum £10k a week given his experience and given he’s not signed for anyone else it’s probably less than that too. 
Ultimately we need 4 wingers competing for places to make us competitive. We’re not looking to pay big fees so he’s worth a punt. 

40 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

His wages aren’t going to be huge though are they, you smart aleck. Maximum £10k a week given his experience and given he’s not signed for anyone else it’s probably less than that too. 
Ultimately we need 4 wingers competing for places to make us competitive. We’re not looking to pay big fees so he’s worth a punt. 

For me,that sets alarm bells ringing ! Over the last 2/3 seasons we’ve been linked with him I’ve seen various posts regarding some mythical link up with Marriott as if he’s only got to turn up and Marriott will suddenly rediscover his Goal-den touch. He was bigged up by their chairman ( who now lambasts his attitude) in a bid to generate a silly money transfer deal and,finally, people recommending him when they’ve never even seen him play!! Jeez,at times !?

On 13/09/2020 at 03:25, S8TY said:

duck Lampard he’s done us zilch favours since going and messing up our pre season last season  ....not one youngster on loan I would’ve thought we,d at least had had one and before anyone says did we ask ? We ended up with Dowell ffs anyone would’ve been better than him ...I don’t get this Lampard love in ...the game against Leeds he got lucky ...because of injury he brought Marriott on for Holmes not a tactical change was due to injury I think it was and he scored immediately then royally ducked it up at Wembley by leaving our best strikers on the bench and playing Bennett who’s carp 

This This This and This!!!

Judge a man by his actions not his words.

A man may wave to the crowd and act all chummy with the fans etc. And then bugger off for pastures greener ASAP.

15 hours ago, samtheman said:

This This This and This!!!

Judge a man by his actions not his words.

A man may wave to the crowd and act all chummy with the fans etc. And then bugger off for pastures greener ASAP.

Completely agree with this too. 

I like Lampard when he was here, made mistakes but I thought, you know what he's learning his trade. I can't blame him for going to chelski but cmon surely everyone can see he ducked us over with how long it took and the stupid preseason programme. Cmon he wasn't as good as some make out. He can keep his fekkin bounce for all I care?

4 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

Completely agree with this too. 

I like Lampard when he was here, made mistakes but I thought, you know what he's learning his trade. I can't blame him for going to chelski but cmon surely everyone can see he ducked us over with how long it took and the stupid preseason programme. Cmon he wasn't as good as some make out. He can keep his fekkin bounce for all I care?

But surely, if you down f’in bounce you’re a red

Similar no issue with him going to Chelsea it was a no brainer he would go. What was unforgivable was how he screwed up our pre season and therefore the next season by dragging it out for a ridiculous length of time when he was always 100% going.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

922.gif

How dare he choose Charlton's offer over ours..........we let him train with us and offered him a contract and everything..............according to some on here.

It's all C0C0's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can buy him from Charlton next year for £10 million

His wages when on loan at Hull were mediocre compared to others in the Championship and pocket money for those in the PL. Peterborough's wages are not huge. If Derby had wanted him we would not have had to offer more then £5,000 I a certain. A lot of people think everyone is on a lot more than they actually are. Someone recently argued with me that the average wage in League Two was £4,000, yet only a handful earn that. Jack Marriott quadrupled his Boro's wages when signing for us.

On 14/09/2020 at 16:40, DCFC27 said:

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 19.49.40.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 19.48.48.jpg

Archived