Marcus Maddison - Joined Charlton

Cam the Ram

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

What the duck?

That's normal I guess.

As I understand it he was a left winger who filled in at left back a few times. 

Also played on the right wing a bit presumably to accommodate someone else on the left, but as he's come to prominence he's been moved centrally where he can impact the game more. 

We’re not interested, according to Barry Fry. Article on the Derby Telegraph 

Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry has dismissed reports that Derby County are interested in signing Posh playmaker Marcus Maddison.

It had been claimed that the Rams and arch rivals Nottingham Forest were leading the chase to sign Maddison, after Reading apparently ended their pursuit of the 24-year-old.

However, Fry says that although two Championship clubs are battling it out for the player's services, Derby and Forest are not currently in the running.

Maddison has scored 44 goals and provided 61 assists in 177 appearances for Peterborough.

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

We’re not interested, according to Barry Fry. Article on the Derby Telegraph 

Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry has dismissed reports that Derby County are interested in signing Posh playmaker Marcus Maddison.

It had been claimed that the Rams and arch rivals Nottingham Forest were leading the chase to sign Maddison, after Reading apparently ended their pursuit of the 24-year-old.

However, Fry says that although two Championship clubs are battling it out for the player's services, Derby and Forest are not currently in the running.

Maddison has scored 44 goals and provided 61 assists in 177 appearances for Peterborough.

Barry Fry couldn't find his a**e with both hands so I wouldn't pay attention to alleged words of wisdom ascribed to him....?

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Barry Fry couldn't find his a**e with both hands so I wouldn't pay attention to alleged words of wisdom ascribed to him....?

So... You think we are in for him despite their chairman saying we're not? 

2 minutes ago, GadFly said:

So... You think we are in for him despite their chairman saying we're not? 

Barry Fry has had that stance on every departure Peterborough have had under him up until it becomes common knowledge. 

Not saying it is happening, just pointing out he plays games. 

6 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

I only posted part of the Derby Telegraph item. Elsewhere in it he says that 2 championship clubs are interested, but are not us or the red dogs

That's not to say that us and Forest ARE the 2 clubs and he's just upping the ante - he's a spiv all said and done.

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

1 big championship club are in the frame for Maddison, according to the Pboro chairman. I don’t think anybody has asked him if it’s Derby but he has ruled out Forest, Reading, Norwich and Boro ?

Also both Sheffield clubs. You’d assume it’s one of the relegated clubs, or us/Leeds

Archived