Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't buy all this about needing to sell Vydra to fund Marriott. If we bid somewhere around the £5 mill Mark that would pretty much be funded by the saving from the wages already this year plus the Rowett comp. 

Vydra money will certainly help balance the books but I don't think it's as simple as Vyds leaves and we sign Marriott 

43 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think this deal will show just how much we mean business under Frank.  He clearly wants Marriott (and probably Maddison), we will just have to see if we can fend off Bristol City.

We lost out to them for Callum O'Dowder I recall.

In what way is it clear that Frank wants Marriott? As far as I can see, all that's clear is that journos are randomly linking us with players and some of our fans are creaming themselves at the prospect - unless I've missed it, Frank had said nothing on the matter....

7 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

No, Jack marriott. Clues in the title

Yeah it was sarcasm. We've got a striker who scored lots at this level when not trying to fit into a Pearson/Rowett type game. But hey with no money lets splash loads on 'unknowns'.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are we talking about Chris Martin, I've not read back over the whole thread?

The Chris Martin that scored 2 goals last season? Even if he stays we can’t rely on him without big risk, he hasn’t scored 20 for 4 years now, that’s a long time in football.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

The Chris Martin that scored 2 goals last season? Even if he stays we can’t rely on him without big risk, he hasn’t scored 20 for 4 years now, that’s a long time in football.

It is quite obvious he's been messed about for the last season and a half. How good did Vydra look first season or Jerome bar a few games at the end?

It's about how the team play.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It is quite obvious he's been messed about for the last season and a half. How good did Vydra look first season or Jerome bar a few games at the end?

It's about how the team play.

It is but Martin has looked off it for a while imo. His touch isn’t what it was and that’s what concerns me most, even under clement has all round play wasn’t great. With vydra, despite what others say, his quality was always evident to me, you can check my posts and I always back him because you could see his technique. Jerome I’ll admit certainly got better but was that just a flash in the pan few games? It’s hard to tell.

All I know is Martin hasn’t looked the same player for a while and people are putting too much faith in his past, not his present. He may come back the player he once was, but there’s no evidence to suggest that currently.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah it was sarcasm. We've got a striker who scored lots at this level when not trying to fit into a Pearson/Rowett type game. But hey with no money lets splash loads on 'unknowns'.

Yea mine was sarcasm too. The Chris Martin thing has been done to death. Same thing over and over again. Doesn't look like he has much of a future with us but it's up to Frankie boy. He hasn't done much recently for whatever reason so maybe it'd be more of a gamble sticking with him and not buying someone else. Who knows

4 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Yea mine was sarcasm too. The Chris Martin thing has been done to death. Same thing over and over again. Doesn't look like he has much of a future with us but it's up to Frankie boy. He hasn't done much recently for whatever reason so maybe it'd be more of a gamble sticking with him and not buying someone else. Who knows

Cheaper though. No-one who's being chased is going to come here on low wages.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

All I know is Martin hasn’t looked the same player for a while and people are putting too much faith in his past, not his present. He may come back the player he once was, but there’s no evidence to suggest that currently.

Well no-one at Derby will know if he doesn't get games. There were little flashes with him and Lawrence, but Rowett preferred to play another way. 

It's obvious he wants to be settled and wanted (just like Vydra), I only hope that its here.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

If only there were a dedicated "Chris Martin" thread, where like minded individuals could discuss all things Chrissy Martin...

"Most overrated band" thread?

38 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

In fairness 

Clement - you will not pass that ball forward

pearson - you will not play  - well no one did off to fulham

Rowett - you will not play ( 5 starts 3 wins 1 draw 1 defeat - wolves )off to Reading 

the lad has been seriously messed about by Derby managers 

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Cheaper though. No-one who's being chased is going to come here on low wages.

I imagine martin is on high wages after the contract extension and I imagine marriott, thread tit!e, would be on less wages being as he is coming from league 1. When you factor in transfer fee though it may not work out cheaper. Cheaper, thougn, doesn't mean better. I would rather us shell out a little more and be successful than keep it cheap and not be.it's not my cash so I'll let the powers that be decide. 

Archived