Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I have seen his you tube video and there's not a goal scored on it that would happen in the championship ( long ball, inept centre halves).

Has anyone seen anything of him which suggests that he could handle the step up?

Plenty of that happens in the Championship.

That said, you have to be in those positions to get those goals. 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I have seen his you tube video and there's not a goal scored on it that would happen in the championship ( long ball, inept centre halves).

Has anyone seen anything of him which suggests that he could handle the step up?

Nobody knows anyone can handle the step up until they make it. He's gone from League 2 to league one and bagged 33 goals. Playing with better players in a better division will help him.

To say a player wouldn't score any of his 33 goals he scored last season in this division is absolutely ridiculous.

Doesnt matter what anyone has seen of him or what they haven't seen of him. He's going to move to the championship this season. Nobody what you watch or who watches it,  nobody can see he won't handle the step up or that he won't.

You can argue he isnt playing against as poor defenders but you can argue that with he will be playing with better players here so should get as good opportunities to score as he did at league 1.

The goals are the same size and in the same position, he clearly knows where they are and seems to be a good finisher - why wouldn't he make the step up.

24 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I imagine if went back to watch the goals of Rickie Lambert, Vardy, Assombalonga, Leon Clarke (all strikers who've made the step up and scored 20 odd goals in the Championship), you could probably say the same thing. Momentum is surely more important. I'd imagine there's a bigger reason behind him scoring 33 goals than it just being bad defending

39 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Makes perfect sense to bid, we need a striker, especially with winnall injury, and a guy who’s banged it 30+ in the division below is a clear go to option. The 7 mil they want provides a big risk mind, but with his form they’re entitled to hold for that imo.

Are we talking about Chris Martin, I've not read back over the whole thread?

41 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Nobody knows anyone can handle the step up until they make it. He's gone from League 2 to league one and bagged 33 goals. Playing with better players in a better division will help him.

To say a player wouldn't score any of his 33 goals he scored last season in this division is absolutely ridiculous.

Doesnt matter what anyone has seen of him or what they haven't seen of him. He's going to move to the championship this season. Nobody what you watch or who watches it,  nobody can see he won't handle the step up or that he won't.

I think to be fair I said that none of the goals on his video would have been scored in the championship not all 33.

I also asked a question about his ability. I did not suggest he hasn't got any because I have never seen him play live.

If I had seen him  I would certainly be able to tell you whether he can control a ball, hold it up, beat players with skill or pace and whether he takes up intelligent positions. 

Any forward, from Sunday League upwards, can chase down a long ball under little pressure and whack it in.

He will need more and if he's got it, we should buy him, but we can't keep making mistakes with our purchases.

Our choice of front men this year might make all the difference.

56 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

To be fair to the comment, it would be very difficult to score any of the 33 goals he scored last season.. Seeing as though they were scored last season.

I hope this is true but ideally not for the 6m figure being thrown around.

He's a striker with pace and goals and the Peterborough fans think an awful lot of him. (much more than they do Maddison).

Any signing has a degree of risk but he's proven he's a goalscorer.

lots of competition though so fingers crossed Frank is a pull for us!

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Our biggest issue as it stands is that Brizzle have sold Reid, but we haven't yet sold Vydra.

It could come down to cashflow...

Even though Peterborough have quoted 6m id imagaine around 4 - 4.5m plus add ons would do it - I think we could do that deal before we sell Vydra

55 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I'd rather Palmer on a permanent than Marriott. Remember Washington at p/boro, went to QPR and flopped. 

Remember Alongerdongler at Peterborough? He did ok.

9 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Derby County and Bristol City have tabled bids for #PUFC's Jack Marriott, the 23 year old scored 33 in 56 apperances last season. Via @bristolcitylive

If we are bidding for Marriott I would say that Vydra is either close to moving, or a deal is already in place.

Archived