DcFc Dyycheee

Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Vydra replacement?

Half the price, younger and would be on less wages

My thoughts exactly. I could get behind this if true. Sell Vyds bring this guy in for half the price which will FL some more money to bring In a couple other players.

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

This is really smart stuff from Barry Fry... working just like an Estate Agent for a house you're interested in.  He's talking up the competition to get you to make an offer... a good offer... quickly.

In this case I think he's trying to nudge Forest to make an offer by saying Derby are in a 'better position'.  

(If only we had a Director of Football doing something like this for the players we were trying to move on.)

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

This is really smart stuff from Barry Fry... working just like an Estate Agent for a house you're interested in.  He's talking up the competition to get you to make an offer... a good offer... quickly.

In this case I think he's trying to nudge Forest to make an offer by saying Derby are in a 'better position'.  

(If only we had a Director of Football doing something like this for the players we were trying to move on.)

That’s what we need, someone who’s going to make teams rush to bid higher for our players, not the mirror saying aye give em 7 million 

Seems far too convenient to say we're ahead of forest when both forest and the player want the move. Stock are high for him right now, I'd imagine they're trying to start a bidding war for him. 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Natural goalscorer mate, 307 career goals and still only 42.

Whisper it quietly but I've heard he's looking for a way out of Bishop Stortford.

He should probably just use the A1250/A120.

buzzing mate 42 i thought he was older thats all! great shout 

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Or was the fact that we bid 6 million for McLean made up?

Who knows but it was widely reported. However it hasn’t been reported anywhere we haven’t got £6.5 mil is my point.

wwve has £2 mil from the Duffield diamond backs move to stoke and £2 mil from Inces transfer (reportedly) for Hudds staying up. Couple these with the savings from our players that have left and we have enough.

aa much as I’d like this to happen it’s all probably propaganda but I doubt it would be £6.5 mil straight up. More likely a a few mil with add ons to make up that figure.

needles

I've never seen him play. If he walked in now I wouldn't recognise him.

As a result, I don't know enough to from an opinion on what he's worth or where he'll go.

This will be the case for most of the players we're linked with this summer.

I suspect I'm in a majority.

For these reasons I feel we should bid £8m, and look to have the deal done by the weekend whatever the wages.

4 minutes ago, needles said:

As a result, I don't know enough to from an opinion on what he's worth or where he'll go.

For these reasons I feel we should bid £8m, and look to have the deal done by the weekend whatever the wages.

A good number on here get excited about Jack Schidt.  I bet at least 10 are already googling for his stats.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

A good number on here get excited about Jack Schidt.  I bet at least 10 are already googling for his stats.

German Centre-Back?

14 minutes ago, needles said:

... but but his stats show he scores lots of goals, how he fits into a functioning team is irrelevant.

Ignore the fact that Peterborough finished 9th in League 1 last season.

Look at all the promotions Ross McCormack & Jordan Rhodes teams managed when they were banging in 30+ goals a season at this level (Oh... it's ZERO... ignore those two).

Goal & Assist stats are all that matters, and these prove that MADDISON & MARRIOTT ARE ESSENTIAL TO WINNING PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!