Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

And this is the real problem we have the 18/19 season I think,  Players contracts ending (Johnson, Blackman, Butterfield etc.) who we are likely to have to let go for free at the end of their contracts.

Cost of those 3, about £13m.

Let's say their residual value on the books is about a third of that, £4.3m.

Then that's a £4.3m FFP loss that we KNOW is going to be realised in this FY.

And THAT's why we need to sell some players this year ? just to cover the f-up from the Clement tenure.  The more time passes, the more i hate that guy.

Worth noting that Clement was only head coach, players were signed before he arrived and I doubt he played a massive part in negotiating deals for players after he arrived.

One thing I’ve read and heard about from ex pros is loyalty bonus’s for seeing out their contracts and not instigating moves away. All these players that have been signed on big contracts and have been straggling what other managers can do financially are going to get fat bonus’s because they’re not good enough to be bought by anybody else! 

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Worth noting that Clement was only head coach, players were signed before he arrived and I doubt he played a massive part in negotiating deals for players after he arrived.

One thing I’ve read and heard about from ex pros is loyalty bonus’s for seeing out their contracts and not instigating moves away. All these players that have been signed on big contracts and have been straggling what other managers can do financially are going to get fat bonus’s because they’re not good enough to be bought by anybody else! 

Heads I win, tails I win a bit more?

29 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

TBH @needles I too have been hoping to win the lottery so that I can buy the Gumps.....

still waiting for those 3 numbers to roll in though ???

Yep ....I'm sure you would get permission for a new Supermarket on the site !!

"Peterborough United owner Darragh MacAnthony says more bids have been rejected for sought-after striker Jack Marriott."

"Bristol City and Derby County are both said to have made bids for the player..."

DM - "We have turned down multiple bids for JM so far. Three from one club, two from another...  It is what it is. All clubs who want him know our stance, this kind of player cannot be nicked on the cheap. End of story. Cheers."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/owner-gives-update-chase-bristol-1759188

10 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

"Peterborough United owner Darragh MacAnthony says more bids have been rejected for sought-after striker Jack Marriott."

"Bristol City and Derby County are both said to have made bids for the player..."

DM - "We have turned down multiple bids for JM so far. Three from one club, two from another...  It is what it is. All clubs who want him know our stance, this kind of player cannot be nicked on the cheap. End of story. Cheers."

Who said? Is that A Darragh quote?

11 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/owner-gives-update-chase-bristol-1759188

And once again he's not involved in their friendly today (neither is Maddison)

Told this evening that he’s our number 1 striking target, Abraham is waiting for Prem and won’t happen. Three bids already turned down and believe it or not Posh representatives were at Moor Farm today. Harry Redknapp advised Frank to take a look at him and the coaching team have researched him relentlessly and liked what they saw. Posh want 6m, he hasn’t played in their opening two pre season games. 

See what happens this week I guess... 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Told this evening that he’s our number 1 striking target, Abraham is waiting for Prem and won’t happen. Three bids already turned down and believe it or not Posh representatives were at Moor Farm today. Harry Redknapp advised Frank to take a look at him and the coaching team have researched him relentlessly and liked what they saw. Posh want 6m, he hasn’t played in their opening two pre season games. 

Any news on mason mount? Also vydra to china?

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

SDSR shoots, he scores..

Think this'll be a very good move.. 

16 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Back on the info train @SuperDerbySuperRams ? Top man ?

35 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I love you 

Dont give a flying fart which greedy person signs or who doesnt sign....its Notts County on saturday and 4000 of

us will be drinking and cheering on the eleven individuals our frankie puts on the pitch. Thank god the close season is nearly over lol

Archived