Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/07/2018 at 09:33, Rab a dab doo said:

If Frank really wants him then Mel will make it happen and we can balance the books later in the transfer window. There's plenty of time before it closes.

Eight weeks tomorrow-Friday 31st August for loan signings.Proper signings up until 9th August ,so 5 weeks today!! Next 2/3 weeks should be interesting,hopefully!?

23 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't be surprised if buying Marriott is completely dependant on selling Vydra. Part of me worries that if we don't shift Vydra soon, we will miss out on JM entirely. 

Guess this shows how hard it is to please fans in the transfer window, take what offer is on the table now which you would guess doesn’t meet Derby’s valuation which is likely they will be criticised for selling too cheap. Hold out for the bigger fee, we need to move quicker as we’re going to miss out on X.

Don't take this personally Nuwtly as it’s not!

Just highlighting how difficult it is, some deals take longer with stand offs. Who blinks first. 

Just now, David said:

Guess this shows how hard it is to please fans in the transfer window, take what offer is on the table now which you would guess doesn’t meet Derby’s valuation which is likely they will be criticised for selling too cheap. Hold out for the bigger fee, we need to move quicker as we’re going to miss out on X.

Don't take this personally Nuwtly as it’s not!

Just highlighting how difficult it is, some deals take longer with stand offs. Who blinks first. 

Yeah you make a good point. It's a weird position in the sell, as like you say, we need to sell but also need to sell at the right price.

In an ideal world, you'd have Peterborough waiting around for us to sell Vydra. But I can't see that happening. Especially if another club matches our supposed offer.

6 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Just getting bored and in patient. Feel like 5 year old in December. I think the jealousy of seeing them lot signing players is annoying me also 

Yep them lot really are making a go of it.

I hope we get things right this pre-season or I can see roles being reversed, for at least 1 season anyway.

10 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Just getting bored and in patient. Feel like 5 year old in December. I think the jealousy of seeing them lot signing players is annoying me also 

Yes but if it all goes tits up for them we get a good belly laugh at the fall out !! ....just remember that ???

21 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Exactly, I had a Red Dog telling me yesterday that they’ve got £60m worth of forwards now.... ???????

Their estimated squad value is.......

2018-07-05 (1).png

Ours is exactly the same by strange coincidence....

22 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Exactly, I had a Red Dog telling me yesterday that they’ve got £60m worth of forwards now.... ????????

Looking forward to them imploding and Cracka Wanka getting the sack. 

so can someone identify Forests strike force and put 60mil on it please......cos i laffed my rooster off when i read that

6 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't be surprised if buying Marriott is completely dependant on selling Vydra. Part of me worries that if we don't shift Vydra soon, we will miss out on JM entirely. 

Yes and no. I figure if we really wanted him we'd risk signing now and selling later to cover it.  If we offload Bryson and Martin in addition to Weimann we've covered the fee/dramatically reduced wages without Vydra factoring in at all. Worst case scenario we have to flog Carson to balance it, but the point is we could avoid going into the red regardless of Vydra not being sold.

I do suspect though that Lampard wants a number of players rather than a marquee signing at present, so sales/signings will be like for like, hence Weimann going and our Josefzoon bid. Therefore I think you may be right in respect of Marriott/Vydra being linked purely due to the size of the potential Vydra fee, and Frank not wanting his hands tied until he knows that a chunk of that money will be available too.

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

so can someone identify Forests strike force and put 60mil on it please......cos i laffed my rooster off when i read that

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

2018-07-05 (1).png

Transfermarkt is clueless and the amount of "Derby chasing £350,000 valued player" etc at the moment is a new laughable low for journalism when they quote it.

Forest sign Carvalho for £13m and Transfermarkt value him at 2.5m euros, Ben Brereton would command more than twice the 5m euros he is rated at, and I can't be bothered to look any further.

In terms of ours Vydra is a paltry 8m euros whilst Johnson is 4m, Ledley 3.5m, Butterfield 3m & Nugent 2.5m to pick out a few.

9 minutes ago, Rample said:

Transfermarkt is clueless and the amount of "Derby chasing £350,000 valued player" etc at the moment is a new laughable low for journalism when they quote it.

Forest sign Carvalho for £13m and Transfermarkt value him at 2.5m euros, Ben Brereton would command more than twice the 5m euros he is rated at, and I can't be bothered to look any further.

In terms of ours Vydra is a paltry 8m euros whilst Johnson is 4m, Ledley 3.5m, Butterfield 3m & Nugent 2.5m to pick out a few.

Right stop right there 

butterfield worth 3m ... shows how much that site knows and how much attention we should pay to it 

16 minutes ago, Rample said:

Was just intended as a bit of fun ?

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Right stop right there 

butterfield worth 3m ... shows how much that site knows and how much attention we should pay to it 

Ridiculous. We paid £5m 3 years ago. With inflation he must be worth double that now.

I'd take £7m for a quick sale.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, 86 points said:

2018-07-05 (1).png

That's £50.67 for Forest? Sounds about right.

If I was as rich as Mel, I wouldn't buy Derby...I'd buy forest.

Mwahahaha, mwahaa. Haha. Chortle. Is Joe Kinnear still alive?

On 04/07/2018 at 09:31, CornwallRam said:

It's a good point. I'd somewhat stupidly forgotten to include his 'book value' in my post.

Without checking back, I believe we signed him when we were still using straight amortisation.  I think his value would have been reduced by two seasons of amortisation and I'm under the impression that rvs can't go up. Assuming he cost £2m his rv must then be £1m or less. Last season we had a bit of leeway on FFP, so I doubt that they'd have inflated Weimann's value too much. My guess would be an rv in line with standard amortisation, ie, £500k.

And this is the real problem we have the 18/19 season I think,  Players contracts ending (Johnson, Blackman, Butterfield etc.) who we are likely to have to let go for free at the end of their contracts.

Cost of those 3, about £13m.

Let's say their residual value on the books is about a third of that, £4.3m.

Then that's a £4.3m FFP loss that we KNOW is going to be realised in this FY.

And THAT's why we need to sell some players this year ? just to cover the f-up from the Clement tenure.  The more time passes, the more i hate that guy.

Archived