Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
7 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

I'm not even sure we need a ''20 goal a season'' striker per se, just one that better fits the philosophy of this team and compliments the players around him (although don't get me wrong if we get one that can do that and bag 20 goals that's also a massive bonus). 

I was initially a bit apprehensive about Marriott's height, given that our attacking force now isn't exactly a tall one but given the way we played yesterday, I'm not sure this is a massive issue and if Marriott came, I think he'd fit in nicely. 

Really would expect a striker with mount, Wilson, flo Jo, and Lawrence providing assists to score at least 20 goals if he plays in most of our games. 

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Really would expect a striker with mount, Wilson, flo Jo, and Lawrence providing assists to score at least 20 goals if he plays in most of our games. 

Martin will be banging them in for fun again ? do a deal for Jerome and cash for Marriott job done ? 

29 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Oh I would hope so, but was trying to say that ideally, we wouldn't be relying on a single striker for goals because they'd be shared out between the players you mentioned. I think the ideal scenario is if our No.9 still bangs in 20, without being reliant on him solely for goals

Marriott is a great shout . Plenty of reasons to sell Vydra , disruptive, greedy, needs a whole system to be built around him. A young hungry centre forward will be able to learn from Nugent & Jerome and become a more valuable asset in the future... The energy of youth and the experience we have at the club now, will be an exciting mix for this season and beyond...

Just now, bucktwo said:

Marriott is a great shout . Plenty of reasons to sell Vydra , disruptive, greedy, needs a whole system to be built around him. A young hungry centre forward will be able to learn from Nugent & Jerome and become a more valuable asset in the future... The energy of youth and the experience we have at the club now, will be an exciting mix for this season and beyond...

Disruptive and greedy, really?

1 minute ago, bucktwo said:

Agree with the selling but disagree with your reasons. Vydra is a class player and is no different than other players that operate best in certain formations (bar the goal keeper) .

I don't really understand this myth about him not working hard for the team. At times last year Vydra was a real nuisance and pressed well tackling.. He is a quality quality player just not one that will maybe fit into Frank's system. It's a shame but we are due a change and if it gives frank the opportunity to change things a little more then I'll back him completely. Big fan of Vydra though, on his day definitely a premier league striker 

I’m a big fan of MV but in reality, if we must sell a player to finance several others then there are only 2 real options. 

I believe both MV & TL would have remarkable seasons with the forward thinking of Frank Lampard and Jody Morris, but sadly I seriously doubt we will see both of these boys in our side again ???

With a heavy heart I would choose Vydra to be sold..... if we have to. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Does everyone in the team have to play the same then? C'mon Carson chase about! 

If anyone genuinely thinks that Chris Martin can fit into our team based on what we saw on Saturday then they’re clearly deluded ...Martin at best would be a plan b with 20 to go to try something different and to me he’s too good to be just used in that way so cash in!!! ...and guess what?? He’s that good we’d struggle to get 2.5m for him ...think about it?? he’s not what we want ....let go of the past ....

Archived