Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Mason Bennett is not a top Championship striker, he just isn't. Saying it a lot does not make it the truth, no matter how much we might all want it to be the case.

And you've just as much idea about whether Marriot is too.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wouldn’t mind selling both Jerome and Nugent and keeping Martin and Bennett as the 2nd and 3rd choice strikers respectively but as said before, we still need a top striker if we want to have a successful season.

Nugent was really good today. Worked his backside off and I think he suits this pressing style down to the ground 

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Nugent was really good. Today his backside off and I think he suits this pressing style down to the ground 

He's not going to make a whole game nor season playing like that but I'd rather keep him than Jerome.

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Nugent was really good today. Worked his backside off and I think he suits this pressing style down to the ground 

I’m meh about him, I just don’t think he’s very good anymore. It’s ok doing it in one off games but over the course of the season, he can’t be relied on.

I think we still need a new striker, mobility will be key in this team. Mason is looking good and he should be back up to a signing like Marriott. Maybe Martin as 3rd choice. I don’t see where Jerome and Nugent fit in though, despite both being good strikers in different set ups. 

PistoldPete2
21 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

NUGent always works his socks off just not that effective all the time. 

32 minutes ago, eddie said:

The best strikers I ever saw in my  were Jimmy Greaves and Gerd Muller.

I think that if you took their career total of goals (around 880 between them) and laid them from end to end, they probably wouldn't reach nuch more than twice round the outside of Pride Park.

Snap!?

49 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wouldn’t mind selling both Jerome and Nugent and keeping Martin and Bennett as the 2nd and 3rd choice strikers respectively but as said before, we still need a top striker if we want to have a successful season.

It sounds brilliant. But you need buyers

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Nugent worked hard, but I thought he was largely ineffective. I think we need a new striker, Jerome doesn't suit 4-3-3, and Nugent is hugely wasteful with his chances and seems to have lost some pace.

absolutely this 

Nugent is the player we need to shift out.

Hasnt managed more than a dozen goals since 13/14. He relies heavily on his pressing and for someone who’s in there 30s, his energy levels will only decrease each season. Bet he’s a high earner too.

Know he’s a fan fave due to his character, but his time is up when it coming to being a top championship forward. 

Wouldnt be sad to see any of them gone: Martin, Blackman, Jerome, Nugent. Sell the lot.

Archived