Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I wonder what you would see if you looked at Vydras last run of games?

i haven’t got a scooby about this guy, however it does appear that maybe you haven’t either...apart from what you see on google, which is a bit ironic ?

I have never seen this guy play, ever. He could be amazing, he could be worth £30m, but it looks like a massive gamble. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

£6.5 million is a lot for a Peterbro player but didnt Forest pay that for asombalonga and got their money back plus some depsite his injury record.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I have never seen this guy play, ever. He could be amazing, he could be worth £30m, but it looks like a massive gamble. 

He’s a good player mate, 61 goals and 12 assists in last 3 seasons. 

I agree a fee of £6.5 mil is a gamble. What transfer isn’t though?

if it was about half that with add ons for promotion etc it wouldn’t be so bad though.

imo he’s better than what we’ve got

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Forest are going for it this season and I think Marriott will sign for them.

I agree, probably trying to get the last deal over the line! Now the will go for Marriott  

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I’d be disappointed with Marriott. It just shows that our scouting is literally a kid on google. 

The guy was struggling to get in Luton’s team week in, week out. He has an outstanding year at Peterborough and then we want £7m? Not for me. If we sign him and he does badly then we would struggle to justify selling him for a million. 

If he was truly an outstanding footballer then he would have been ever-present for  Luton. He’s really only had 12 months of good form. 

In the 2 season he had at Luton he played in 40 league games first season and 39 league games second season . That's hardly struggling to get in the team week in week out

9 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

He’s a good player mate, 61 goals and 12 assists in last 3 seasons. 

I agree a fee of £6.5 mil is a gamble. What transfer isn’t though?

if it was about half that with add ons for promotion etc it wouldn’t be so bad though.

imo he’s better than what we’ve got

Scoring lots of goals in the lower leagues isn't always the sign of a good player. 

The Peterborough view is that he doesn't offer much outside of the box and that his pace behind defence is a key strength.  You don't often get that sort of opportunity in the championship. 

Omar Bogle was supposed to tear it up at the higher level. Marriott may be another big fish in a small pond

...... or he might be the next Kevin Hector!

43 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Scoring lots of goals in the lower leagues isn't always the sign of a good player. 

The Peterborough view is that he doesn't offer much outside of the box and that his pace behind defence is a key strength.  You don't often get that sort of opportunity in the championship. 

Omar Bogle was supposed to tear it up at the higher level. Marriott may be another big fish in a small pond

3 hours ago, caymanram said:

A new David Nugent.

Spot on @caymanram plays in a very similar way to the David Nugent of the Bury, Preston days. What I really like about Marriott is he scores goals with both feet. Can't really tell whether he is right or left footed so shows he's a confident goalscorer with either foot and will take it on without thinking. 

That being said, I just can't see us getting him with the type of figure being touted around with trying to cut costs. Unless a big earner is on the way/Vydra fee comes in I think it might be a pipe dream

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

He was a postman last time I looked. So which Kev are you hoping for?

Archived