Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Their owner has spent many years doing business via social media and the actual media outlets (at one time it was hard to turn on Talksport without hearing him). Always struck me as a bit of a 'Del boy' so I'd suggest we don't take anything at face value and treat his initial price as nothing more than a random figure that he hopes we're daft enough to pay - he'll be expecting a bit of wheeling and dealing before he gets his hands on some lovely jubbly.....

It's a job for @Angry Ram........

He'll lead mcanthony up and down the apples and pears, look him in the mince pies before settling on an amount that'll bring a smile to mels boat.

Fight Del with Del I say.....?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised at the amount of fans (not just on this site) that are praising MacAnthony for his honesty in all this, I get the demand to know every minor detail in transfers because we’re the fans right, no fans, no football. Just comes across as a bit tin pot, using social media to play clubs against each other trying to get a war going. I would be a bit embarrassed if this was a Derby owner using Twitter like this.

Be nice if all the interested clubs moved on, let the players agent know it’s because of the way it’s being played out publicly by the owner. Try and get the players head right now. 

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, David said:

Surprised at the amount of fans (not just on this site) that are praising MacAnthony for his honesty in all this, I get the demand to know every minor detail in transfers because we’re the fans right, no fans, no football. Just comes across as a bit tin pot, using social media to play clubs against each other trying to get a war going. I would be a bit embarrassed if this was a Derby owner using Twitter like this.

Be nice if all the interested clubs moved on, let the players agent know it’s because of the way it’s being played out publicly by the owner. Try and get the players head right now. 

If your embarrassed by the Peterborough chairman's use of Twitter, how do you feel about Trump's use of Twitter. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

If your embarrassed by the Peterborough chairman's use of Twitter, how do you feel about Trump's use of Twitter. 

Can you point out where I said I was embarrassed by the Peterborough chairman’s use of Twitter?

3 minutes ago, David said:

I agree 100% with you here mate.

Dont mind him telling the fans they've rejected bits etc and answering select questions.

But to sit there and name clubs who are bidding or give out cryptic clues "A club who recently came down who needs to do one out one in" Or "A club that keeps getting beat in transfer deals"

Do WBA fans know they have to sell before they buy? I think that's really poor from him.

"He told me what they offered" If Jack Marriott signs for Derby do you think he wants you telling the whole of social media that he's on a lot of money?

"They need to back their manager" Who's this guy to tell Morris he needs to back his manager.

Personally just think the bloke loves himself and thrives off the attention he gets.

Why don’t we use our bloated squad to our advantage? Player plus cash deal.

Whats happened with Callum Guy? He’d be a decent player to offer inexchange with a few million also going there way. Bennett another, despite impressing in pre season.

Find next best after Marriott, compare skill levels and difference in price then be prepared to pay up to 25% over the odds for Marriott. No pressure to do so until another team meets Posh's valuation. Marriott will be ready to move to a higher league for more money. Pressure building on Posh. Add ons loan offers and % of resale are the keys to get him. 

12 minutes ago, David said:

I agree, I can't imagine Mel or Frank are happy. 

It is highly unprofessional and he reminds me of Simon Jordan when he was at Palace, loves the sound of his own voice and likes to be in the public eye.

Makes me realise how lucky we are to have Mel.

I don't have the same instinctive buzz about this lad that I did with Watkins from Exeter, but the fact we've made multiple bids means Frank does and that's all that matters. If that lad is to come to us then I guess we'd all prefer it to be at closer to £3M than £6.5M. It's a common-sense approach that has been missing in recent times. WIth Vyds, Chris, CamJam and Nooj on the books, it's not like we don't have options. 

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I don't have the same instinctive buzz about this lad that I did with Watkins from Exeter, but the fact we've made multiple bids means Frank does and that's all that matters. If that lad is to come to us then I guess we'd all prefer it to be at closer to £3M than £6.5M. It's a common-sense approach that has been missing in recent times. WIth Vyds, Chris, CamJam and Nooj on the books, it's not like we don't have options. 

We do have options mate.

But Vydra and Martin aren't playing any pre season games. So if they are still with us they won't be fit for the start of the season.

I love Nugent. But unfortunately the guy just isn't good enough anymore. We signed him 2/3 years too late. 

Jerome is an average Championship striker.

Marriott hasn't just bagged 33 goals in the league below. And yes the Championship is a big step. But Lampard must be confident this lad can bag 15-20 goals next season.

I don't think Nugent and Jerome would bag 20 between them.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We do have options mate.

But Vydra and Martin aren't playing any pre season games. So if they are still with us they won't be fit for the start of the season.

I love Nugent. But unfortunately the guy just isn't good enough anymore. We signed him 2/3 years too late. 

Jerome is an average Championship striker.

Marriott hasn't just bagged 33 goals in the league below. And yes the Championship is a big step. But Lampard must be confident this lad can bag 15-20 goals next season.

I don't think Nugent and Jerome would bag 20 between them.

Can't say I disagree with your assessment and clearly Frank thinks our options need bolstering as three bids don't lie. My sense of it is that we should still seek best value and Im yet to be convinced that £6.5M (if that's the number) is the right number. It's all subjective of course but at this point it seems the club don't like that number either. That said, I have a feeling this one will pan out right for Derby. We seemed to have improved the recruitment side of things not just in terms of the player profiles but how we buy and sell and I really welcome that. I'd like to think we'll challenge strongly this year and I would like to see the lad at Derby, but I'm also mindful of a scenario where things might not be plain sailing so checks and balances have to remain in place. The right players for the right money, must be our doctrine.

If the lad genuinely wants to play for Derby then the Peterborough chairman has a problem as his asset won’t be changing his mind because he certainly isn’t playing for them as he isn’t involved currently 

do we know if he will be good in the championship- no - but forwards need chances and I do think we will be creating them this season but then again we have a not fit Vydra and a not fit Martin who we know will score chances in the championship and have the records to prove it ( thier records on loan ain’t so good) but if the manager wants the lad then that’s where we are but we should only offer what we can afford respective of his ability - it’s not like we have no one else currently like other clubs

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If the lad genuinely wants to play for Derby then the Peterborough chairman has a problem as his asset won’t be changing his mind because he certainly isn’t playing for them as he isn’t involved currently

I understand that last week he wanted to play for Forest - who knows what Marriot thinks, but we do know about the guy mouthing off.

Archived