Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why would he feel the need to lie about his players being interested in other clubs?

I'm sure he's not, but he also isn't interested in the other club(s), so why should we feel any niceties in return. He's a joker.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

A fair price is what we've offered so far. Any more is a gamble. Fed up with getting stuck with expensive mistakes that we can't move on when they 'don't fit' here. What the Posh Chairman accepts is up to him. 

What have we offered? I didn’t hear a price in the interview. Is it somewhere else?

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

How do you know he isn't just being honest? I'm sure there is a deal of him wanting to up the price of Marriott, but he could just be being transparent.

Accepted that everybody wants the highest wage possible for what they do .  However if Forest were genuinely his first choice (We only really know that they made an initial enquiry ) but the wages have changed his mind as highlighted in the latest exciting instalment of MaCanthonys bargain hunt, honesty may not be the best policy .

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure he's not, but he also isn't interested in the other club(s), so why should we feel any niceties in return. He's a joker.

We shouldn't do, but I don't see a single thing wrong with how he chooses to do his business.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We haven't offered as much as they want which is suggested to be £6-6.5m

Didn't the owner say that figure was complete tabloid nonsense?

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Accepted that everybody wants the highest wage possible for what they do .  However if Forest were genuinely his first choice (We only really know that they made an initial enquiry ) but the wages have changed his mind as highlighted in the latest exciting instalment of MaCanthonys bargain hunt, honesty may not be the best policy .

Who cares if Forest was his first choice? At the end of the day, it's his job. He's going to pick the place that offers him the best wages, as I would expect all players to.

Just now, Andicis said:

We shouldn't do, but I don't see a single thing wrong with how he chooses to do his business.

Didn't the owner say that figure was complete tabloid nonsense?

So he wants more then? He can do business how he sees fit, so he does.

Just now, Andicis said:

Who cares if Forest was his first choice? At the end of the day, it's his job. He's going to pick the place that offers him the best wages, as I would expect all players to.

Fine - look forward to seeing him kiss the Forest badge.

Their owner has spent many years doing business via social media and the actual media outlets (at one time it was hard to turn on Talksport without hearing him). Always struck me as a bit of a 'Del boy' so I'd suggest we don't take anything at face value and treat his initial price as nothing more than a random figure that he hopes we're daft enough to pay - he'll be expecting a bit of wheeling and dealing before he gets his hands on some lovely jubbly.....

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

So he wants more then? He can do business how he sees fit, so he does.

No he said the figure quoted in the press was higher than the figure they had in mind.I am sure though he would like a bidding war to get it up hence him saying it will go to the last day.

48 minutes ago, Beagle said:

No he said the figure quoted in the press was higher than the figure they had in mind.I am sure though he would like a bidding war to get it up hence him saying it will go to the last day.

Certainly intimated that by saying £6.5m was just a paper number.  He also stated we kept going back with a similar deal with tweaks but only small ones. I suspect... Just like the Maddison deal we are trying to do it over 3 to 4 years and he'd prefer 2 as a max. Also that we're probably trying to tie in a big number to promotion.  He did say their chief exec had been up to speak to Derby. I negotiate all day every day and that tells me the numbers are actually not too far apart. If they were there is no way the journey would be made. 

Interesting that he mentioned the clause Maddison has. Comparatively low number if they stayed in League 1 or 3 year deal automatically if they go up. Without opening old wounds I seem to remember Hughes signing a new deal not long before he went. I wonder if similar was done with that deal. 

I’m shocked that the Peterborough chairman (Del 1) has said that Marriott wants to join the Rams and also that he has had his head turned with the figures (wages i would imagine) that he has been told.

1- i would never admit that a player wants to leave

2- if a bid has not been accepted then wages should not be mentioned as we do not have permission to speak to him (or his agent)

I still hope he comes and his mate Maddison 

31 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If hypothetically we end up with Mount, Jozefzoon, Wilson and Marriot and ship three or four out before the end of the window that would be a cracking window in my opinion.

Yup, probably the best one for years. 

35 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If hypothetically we end up with Mount, Jozefzoon, Wilson and Marriot and ship three or four out before the end of the window that would be a cracking window in my opinion.

With you with all that.

Its the shipping some of them out, that seems to be the big challenge.

Like all strikers if you hit the ground running and score lots of vital goals you will be hero worshipped Saunders, Biley,Davison became cult heroes ....Marriott has the potential to be adored my our great support ...because from what I’ve seen of him and to be honest is not much but a few games I definitely thought ...major handful but still a bit raw...but if you give him chances he will score and with Mount,Wilson,jozfroon it’s being set up for someone to benefit from those players and to me that isn’t Jerome Nugent or Martin ...If from what is said we are going to adopt a hard press then the striker is pivotal and to be fair he is very high energy and Frank wants him and that’s good enough for me....hope we get him 

Archived