Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Natural goalscorer mate, 307 career goals and still only 42.

Whisper it quietly but I've heard he's looking for a way out of Bishop Stortford.

He should probably just use the A1250/A120.

buzzing mate 42 i thought he was older thats all! great shout 

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Or was the fact that we bid 6 million for McLean made up?

Who knows but it was widely reported. However it hasn’t been reported anywhere we haven’t got £6.5 mil is my point.

wwve has £2 mil from the Duffield diamond backs move to stoke and £2 mil from Inces transfer (reportedly) for Hudds staying up. Couple these with the savings from our players that have left and we have enough.

aa much as I’d like this to happen it’s all probably propaganda but I doubt it would be £6.5 mil straight up. More likely a a few mil with add ons to make up that figure.

I've never seen him play. If he walked in now I wouldn't recognise him.

As a result, I don't know enough to from an opinion on what he's worth or where he'll go.

This will be the case for most of the players we're linked with this summer.

I suspect I'm in a majority.

For these reasons I feel we should bid £8m, and look to have the deal done by the weekend whatever the wages.

4 minutes ago, needles said:

As a result, I don't know enough to from an opinion on what he's worth or where he'll go.

For these reasons I feel we should bid £8m, and look to have the deal done by the weekend whatever the wages.

A good number on here get excited about Jack Schidt.  I bet at least 10 are already googling for his stats.

14 minutes ago, needles said:

... but but his stats show he scores lots of goals, how he fits into a functioning team is irrelevant.

Ignore the fact that Peterborough finished 9th in League 1 last season.

Look at all the promotions Ross McCormack & Jordan Rhodes teams managed when they were banging in 30+ goals a season at this level (Oh... it's ZERO... ignore those two).

Goal & Assist stats are all that matters, and these prove that MADDISON & MARRIOTT ARE ESSENTIAL TO WINNING PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Sign him up and get Maddison in as well.

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Sign him up and get Maddison in as well.

A Maddison, Marriot and Lawrence front three under an attacking manager would cause havoc in this division. The rest of the team would look after itself

I'd be surprised if we hadn't at least thought about it - I'd be surprised if half the league hadn't. That many goals does not go unnoticed, and at that age. 

It was his best season for goals, but not totally out of character - 12 and 16 in the two seasons previous.

Whether he fits with what Frank wants to do, remains to be seen, of course, but to me its the right kind of signing. The scope is there for him to improve and we may see a profit if he does.

Archived