Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So looking forward to the apoplectic meltdowns and slagging of the club and owner when he ends up elsewhere. Most probably from those who've been banging on about us paying too much for crap players too. 

Gut instinct is that £6.5 mill is way over the odds, much as I'd like him here. Player of the year Ollie Watkins went for a 1/3 of that figure, didn't he?  I'd be amazed if he or Maddison ended up at ours. Posh owner sure knows how to stir the pot though, I'll give him that. 

Never heard of him but looks like he scored plenty of goals last season.

Surprised nobody on here has previously mentioned him as a transfer suggestion.

Released by Ipswich? Sounds a bit poo, I'd rather we get someone more proven like Jamie Cureton.

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Never heard of him but looks like he scored plenty of goals last season.

Surprised nobody on here has previously mentioned him as a transfer suggestion.

Released by Ipswich? Sounds a bit poo, I'd rather we get someone more proven like Jamie Cureton.

jamie cureton? really? 

6 minutes ago, irobinson said:

least we don't have to worry about Villa coming in for him lol

You'd have thought so but looks like Bruce is staying and they are committed to find transfer funds for him .Bugger that's our targets spoken for.

8 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

jamie cureton? really? 

Natural goalscorer mate, 307 career goals and still only 42.

Whisper it quietly but I've heard he's looking for a way out of Bishop Stortford.

He should probably just use the A1250/A120.

So the owner says Barry and Lamps have been talking... Barry decides to say Derby are interested so Forest shape themselves and make a bid! 

“He’s shows a desire to join forest” he’s pushing them to make a bid. 

We don’t have 6.5 million

id much prefer Maddison 

21 minutes ago, Topram said:

So the owner says Barry and Lamps have been talking... Barry decides to say Derby are interested so Forest shape themselves and make a bid! 

“He’s shows a desire to join forest” he’s pushing them to make a bid. 

We don’t have 6.5 million

id much prefer Maddison 

Says who ?

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

This is really smart stuff from Barry Fry... working just like an Estate Agent for a house you're interested in.  He's talking up the competition to get you to make an offer... a good offer... quickly.

In this case I think he's trying to nudge Forest to make an offer by saying Derby are in a 'better position'.  

(If only we had a Director of Football doing something like this for the players we were trying to move on.)

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

This is really smart stuff from Barry Fry... working just like an Estate Agent for a house you're interested in.  He's talking up the competition to get you to make an offer... a good offer... quickly.

In this case I think he's trying to nudge Forest to make an offer by saying Derby are in a 'better position'.  

(If only we had a Director of Football doing something like this for the players we were trying to move on.)

That’s what we need, someone who’s going to make teams rush to bid higher for our players, not the mirror saying aye give em 7 million 

Archived