Bob The Badger

Best ever atmosphere at an away game you attended

1980 v Bristol City away in 3rd round FA Cup. 3,500 Rams taunting the home fans with 2:6! 2:6, 2:6! 2:6 and Roger Davies staring in admiration at the away end with his hands on his hips and a look of dis-belief. 🤪

Posted (edited)

Norwich away, last game of season, when Derby already relegated. Chants of 'Swindlehurst and Biley' and at the end, we were 'locked in' and we all sat down on the terraces and sang 'We shall not be moved'.

Edited by Mazzaram

Posted (edited)

Maracana. Brasil circa. 97. When Brasil scored it felt like there was an earthquake.

In fact it was just a very old stadium on the verge of a catastrophe!!

Edited by ashram

23 hours ago, Roboram said:

No, the FA Cup game (Rob Hindmarsh) was in ‘86 when we were 3rd division. The ‘87 game (Phil Gee) was when we were on our way to the 2nd division title.

I find it very difficult to distinguish between those 2 games, they've basically merged in to 1. It was 2-0 and there was about 25,000 Rams there 🙂

13 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

I find it very difficult to distinguish between those 2 games, they've basically merged in to 1. It was 2-0 and there was about 25,000 Rams there 🙂

I can still see Phil Gee running towards goal (of which about 10k Rams fans' were behind) he got closer and closer then pegged it through John Burridges legs and into the onion bag! Yeeessssssssss!!! Four king magic! Ahhhh yesteryear eh!!?

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.