Most Overrated Bands of all Time

Hathersage Ram

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

Don’t think either of these get the recognition they deserve tbh. 

Tend to agree with the others, especially T Rex. Zep are a strange one, because I loved them at the time but hardly listen to them now. Definitely think Jimmy Page is overrated as a guitarist and Plant’s solo career is more interesting. 

Did anyone go to see Robert Plant at the The blue note on Sadler Gate in the 80's.  Odd to think of someone that big playing to 200 people a couple of years after playing at Madison square garden  

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 1of4 said:

No matter how many gold records they may get, bands that rely on giving wet dreams to a mob of screaming prepubescent girls to sell their records, are not a good band.

You can't deny market forces though I'm afraid - Gary Barlow does have more money than Belgium and that's because lots of folks turn out to buy his tunes and watch him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Take That haven't played more often at the new Wembley than England. 

Certainly got more people excited.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Oasis are a Beatles tribute band. not bad, but not as good as The Rutles. 

I loved Oasis first album and still do. Sounded nothing like the Beatles, couple of riffs nicked off Slade though.

2nd album was weaker as a whole but had a couple of great tunes, Some Might Say and Don't Look Back In Anger.

You hear the Beatles tribute band chat a lot but I'm not too sure which songs this applies too? Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger maybe?

They will always be the last good mainstream band before music fragmented forever.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

They will always be the last good mainstream band before music fragmented forever.

If you don't mind their monumentally weak lyric writing. Tunes are good, words meaningless nonsense too often.

Archived