Most Overrated Bands of all Time

Hathersage Ram

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oasis and Take That.

I'll never be able to get my head round how people think Noel Gallagher & Gary Barlow are talented. Neither can sing, they can't write, they can barely play instruments - they're both pig ugly. 

6 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Placebo

Scissor Sisters

Don’t think either of these get the recognition they deserve tbh. 

Tend to agree with the others, especially T Rex. Zep are a strange one, because I loved them at the time but hardly listen to them now. Definitely think Jimmy Page is overrated as a guitarist and Plant’s solo career is more interesting. 

The Andrews sisters.

Bill Haley and his comets.

In all seriousness, any boy band that as been cobbled together by a music management company.

One Direction

Take That

The Backstreet Boys

Boyzone

To name just a few.

No matter how many gold records they may get, bands that rely on giving wet dreams to a mob of screaming prepubescent girls to sell their records, are not a good band.

This thread is disturbing me more than any other I've read on here .  Some of these bands  listed are making me sweat .  The Slider, Joshua Tree, Led Zep 4 , the bends, Strangeways here we come . I could go on . Great lp's .  Agree with Placebo though, pretty good musically, awful singer. Billy Joel as well - boring as 90 minutes of Butterfield.

Archived