Jay DaSilva - Joined Bristol City

Mentioned in the sun today, “Brentford are battling Frank Lampard Derby for England’s under 20 star Jay Dasliva”

If Frank is in for him surely with his connections at Chelsea this one should be a done deal. Unless a prem club comes in I suppose. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, w8sey said:

Mentioned in the sun today, “Brentford are battling Frank Lampard Derby for England’s under 20 star Jay Dasliva”

If Frank is in for him surely with his connections at Chelsea this one should be a done deal. Unless a prem club comes in I suppose. 

Something would be seriously wrong if Lampard is interested and he picks Brentford!

3 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Something would be seriously wrong if Lampard is interested and he picks Brentford!

Don't say stuff like that - give people a reason to get unreasonably upset.

Firstly it's not necessarily up to the player - we assume that Lampard and Morris' connections with Chelsea put us in good stead, but we also know that Chelsea charge a fee for their loanees. How much are those presumed connections worth? If Bentford over 50% more money to take him on loan will they still accept our advance (should it occur) and give the player the choice?

I'm just presenting that as an example to highlight that we shouldn't paint ourselves into a confidence corner that forces people's feathers to get unnecessary ruffled if things don't go our way.

1 hour ago, JayRam1 said:

Not if the lad wants to stay close to family and mates - he's only 20 after all. His last loan was in London.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mike93rh said:

Nixon is insufferable, arrogance personified. But you have to follow him given he genuinely does know what he's on about. Good news if he reckons we're close. 

Yep, much preferred him from a couple of years back. Now days it's all about him blocking 'fuds' and blocking anyone who dare question him

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

He says Chelsea are starting to make decisions on players going out on loan - also said there could be a chance of Palmer + Abraham although the latter may fancy a Prem move

I think he's just stating the obvious, mind. I don't recall him ever having much info regarding Chelsea - I don't think he has a contact there.

We also don't know what the deal is with us allowing Chris Jones to work with Chelsea during this pre-season. You'd imagine that deal would involve some benefit for Derby.

I'd be very pleased with Dasilva. I think the likes of Mount & Abraham would be huge for us, but Chelsea will probably be reluctant to send them to the Championship regardless of the links here.

I'd imagine that we are looking at at least 2-3 from Chelsea, but who we actually get could be different. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I can’t see why Mount would want to come here when a host of bigger clubs are after him

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6169834/ajax-chelsea-starlet-mason-mount-prodigy/amp/

Might want to learn from Lampard who was a decent CM for Chelsea - Might want to work with Morris again (I'm sure he must have in the youth system?) - Get a taster of Championship football - And I would imagine IF we signed him it would be as an integral part of the side

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I can’t see why Mount would want to come here when a host of bigger clubs are after him

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6169834/ajax-chelsea-starlet-mason-mount-prodigy/amp/

I agree Derby is not all that appealing by itself, but he played for Jody Morris in the U18s so maybe there's a fondness that might increase his interest?

Also, he'd be being coached by Frank Lampard ? 

Not saying its even likely, but there's more to a developmental decision than choosing the biggest club.

Just now, cheron85 said:

Might want to learn from Lampard who was a decent CM for Chelsea - Might want to work with Morris again (I'm sure he must have in the youth system?) - Get a taster of Championship football - And I would imagine IF we signed him it would be as an integral part of the side

I hope so, he’s a real talent. The link with PSV seems to be gathering pace over the last few weeks or so. If we can get him over them and a few other clubs, that would be a real coup.

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Even though we try to put ourselves down we are a high profile attraction both in tv and wages with a great ground and supporters who support even when we are not so good and one good season at Derby and any player has big options 

Archived