Jay DaSilva - Joined Bristol City

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we can get him in on a cheap permanent deal. At Chelsea, Alonso, Emerson, Aina and Baba Rahman are ahead of him in his position. Azpilicueta can also play at left back.

Would be worth to try and exploit Chelsea’s managerial uncertainty.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I wonder if we can get him in on a cheap permanent deal. At Chelsea, Alonso, Emerson, Aina and Baba Rahman are ahead of him in his position. Azpilicueta can also play at left back.

Would be worth to try and exploit Chelsea’s managerial uncertainty.

Ive just re-read the article and it appears he recently signed a new 4 year deal but contracts don’t mean a lot in this day. I wonder if a buy back option could be inserted.

And Charlton Athletic's manager Lee Bowyer, who played against a young Ashley Cole, reckons Jay DaSilva is better than Cole was at that age.

No chance of a permanent deal but a loan a possibility. League One last season, surely Chelsea will want to see how he does at Championship level next?

I think he can play both RB and LB. He does for england anyway. I guess he is a starter for LB and cover for the rest. I would feel bad for Lowe but he needs to prove his fitness this season.

Forsyth is shadow of himself and Olsson is out til next year so a loan makes complete sense.

He looks a prospect. Not the tallest but never shys away from headers in the clips I've seen. Also very quick and more importantly very comfortable and confident on the ball from looking at youtube. 

Although I wouldn't mind Fozzy staying, I could easily see him going. Would welcome a fresh start with Dasilva and Lowe battling it out. 

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

How many loans from 1 club can you get ?

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

I think its two, isn't it.  Wasn't that rule brought in after Watford loaned a gazillion players from Udinese?

Think it’s 3? 5 in match day squad and 8 loans total

He has earned rave reviews from his coaches as well as Charlton manager Lee Bowyer, who says he is better than former Chelsea and England left-back Ashley Cole at the same stage of his career.

“I played against Ashley at a young age and I think Jay is very similar – but probably better than Ashley Cole was at his age,” Bowyer said of the 20-year-old.

“Everyone knows how good Ashley was, probably ­England’s best offensive left-back for a long, long time. Jay is the same. Everybody thinks because he’s small [5ft 7in], he might struggle, but he’s unbelievable in the air.

Dasilva signed a new four-year contract with Chelsea last July, which runs until 2021.

---

Sounds just like Marcus Olsson, except that he's better than Ashley Cole, great going forward and unbelievable in the air...

Archived