Jay DaSilva - Joined Bristol City

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TomSaint said:

Would it be worth selling forsyth and olson and bringing this lad and max lowe for first team ,and if they under perform we've always got Anya who covers a couple of positions 

Olson is injured for some time. Fozzy is our only senior LB so probably worth keeping. Lowe hasn’t done much in the last year or two to suggest he’s good enough, mainly due to injury but didn’t pull up any trees at Shrewsbury by all accounts. 

Maybe send Lowe out on loan and have dasilva and fozzy battling for the position

25 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Olson is injured for some time. Fozzy is our only senior LB so probably worth keeping. Lowe hasn’t done much in the last year or two to suggest he’s good enough, mainly due to injury but didn’t pull up any trees at Shrewsbury by all accounts. 

Maybe send Lowe out on loan and have dasilva and fozzy battling for the position

Also we may play 3 at the back. Forsyth is our current best option for the left CB.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Also we may play 3 at the back. Forsyth is our current best option for the left CB.

id say Pearce was better . less mistakes and solid , obviously hasnt got as good crossing but hes a cb 

41 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

Would it be worth selling forsyth and olson and bringing this lad and max lowe for first team ,and if they under perform we've always got Anya who covers a couple of positions 

I keep hearing about selling our players. We have been trying to off load some for a couple of years and it never happens. The ludicrous contracts we’ve handed out over the last 2/3 years makes them pretty much unsellable. Why would they take a massive pay cut to go elsewhere?  With the 2 you mention, 1 has a long term injury and is crap and on high wages ( compared to ability) the other is just crap and on high wages. Sell them??? You couldn’t even give them away 

Sounds like we'd be getting another Max Lowe when we already have one. Meaning I don't see the point. Both have done very well for the England youth teams in the same position. If we want a young England-level player to fill LB or left wing back we already have one at the club.

7 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

id say Pearce was better . less mistakes and solid , obviously hasnt got as good crossing but hes a cb 

I would say he is ok in a 2 but his lack of pace would be exposed in a back 3 as would his poor passing ability.

Hopefully Forsyth will be nearer his old self next season. As he can play LB, LCB and at a pinch LWB he is a better squad player than Pearce.

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sounds like we'd be getting another Max Lowe when we already have one. Meaning I don't see the point. Both have done very well for the England youth teams in the same position. If we want a young England-level player to fill LB or left wing back we already have one at the club.

Dasilva captained the under 19's to the World Cup and was named fans player of the year at a club in the same division that Max Lowe eventually was largely on the bench for. If these two are both at Derby County next season there won't be a competition as to who starts. I can see Lowe going out on loan again to a league 1 or probably a league 2 side.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I know what your saying the you cant rely on Lowe being injury free for any length of time. Which for a footballer so young is a worry

I wouldn't mind him here, looks a talent. 

Olsson's out, Fozzy is still finding his form/recovering and will need to be rotated in and out (he can also play left CB in a 3). 

Big question mark over Lowe, really wan't him to make the grade, but he seems injury prone and struggled to make any impact at the Shrews. Maybe DaSilva coming in would allow Lowe to have another shot in League 1 on loan. 

PistoldPete2
6 hours ago, TomSaint said:

Olson is injured so won't be going anywhere. Fozzy was a bit hit and miss last year not at his best, we do need another LB IMO.

31 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Olson is injured so won't be going anywhere. Fozzy was a bit hit and miss last year not at his best, we do need another LB IMO.

Last season we had Fozzy & Olsson slugging it out for the worst left back in the league award.

This season we could have a Brazillian wonderkid battling it out with our homegrown hero fresh from the favelas of South Normaton for that previously barren left back spot. 

That's a step in the right direction Franky Boy!!!

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Last season we had Fozzy & Olsson slugging it out for the worst left back in the league award.

This season we could have a Brazillian wonderkid battling it out with our homegrown hero fresh from the favelas of South Normaton for that previously barren left back spot. 

Indeed, a Brazilian wonderkid born in the carnival of Luton 

Think a lot of people are being harsh on Max Lowe, he wasn't match fit when he went to Shrewsbury and I think they managed him well. They gave him plenty of game time, and he didn't get any further injuries, it would have been nice if he played every game but how annoyed would we be if he got injured again because they pushed him to hard?

12 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I now have an image of Brazilians in south normanton that I can’t shake and is making me feel quite queasy ?

Archived