Jay DaSilva - Joined Bristol City

38 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

Experienced doesn't mean they aren't both terrible players. Which they are. 

Forsyth played in a defensive that kept many clean sheets last season, is he fantastic- no is he decent well yes he is and lowe needs an extended spell of playing to prove himself 

34 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Forsyth is shocking though mate, he looks like Bambi on ice and is never comfortable on the ball - his attacking play is poor also. Olsson is just a smaller version of Forsyth and Lowe is average i mean hes nothing special and didn't show too much to be amazed about when playing. I just think all 3 are pretty average and would not fire us to the next level.

Please see the above for my opinion - I am generally not expecting my left backs to be fireing us to the next level but there is nothing to suggest a Chelsea youth player is any better in that position either

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

How can you go off a player who has not kicked a ball in a game this season?

Surely he is either a good player or he is not a good player..

Nothing to say its down to his quality, more than likely down to the need for a new left back in Lampards opinion. Personally id say attacking players are needed more than another left back unless one of Forysth or Lowe are close to leaving

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

How can you go off a player who has not kicked a ball in a game this season?

Surely he is either a good player or he is not a good player..

Maybe he has gone off the need for him. Either he has seen enough in Forsyth and Lowe or he wants to play with a back 4 which may suits more defensive minded CB.

We need to start with experienced players and weave a few younger ones in after 8-10 games. 

The teams that are in the top three after seven games usually finish in the top six.

We need a good start. We may well not get one.

I am still impressed how Warnock started last season so well and finished second.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

We need to start with experienced players and weave a few younger ones in after 8-10 games. 

The teams that are in the top three after seven games usually finish in the top six.

I am still impressed how Warnock started last season so well and finished second.

Didn’t believe that so thought I’d check it...

17/18 Leeds, Cardiff, Ipswich, Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Preston (2/6)

16/17 Huddersfield, Newcastle, Barnsley, Norwich, Birmingham, Fulham (3/6)

15/16 Brighton, Boro, Birmingham, Burnley, Hull, Ipswich (4/6)

14/15 Forest, Norwich, Watford, Wolves, Charlton, Reading (2/6)

13/14 QPR, Leicester, Blackpool, Burnley, Forest, Watford (3/6)

Can’t be bothered to go back any further but that’s 14 out of 30 (less than 50%). So I don’t think that’s enough to say a top 6 side after 7 games will usually be there at the end of the season.

2nd place seems to always be there though. 

8 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Forsyth is shocking though mate, he looks like Bambi on ice and is never comfortable on the ball - his attacking play is poor also. Olsson is just a smaller version of Forsyth and Lowe is average i mean hes nothing special and didn't show too much to be amazed about when playing. I just think all 3 are pretty average and would not fire us to the next level.

Have ever had a nasty injury it takes a long time get fit and better mental wise his confordance took a hit and no doubt plays on his mind.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Didn’t believe that so thought I’d check it...

17/18 Leeds, Cardiff, Ipswich, Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Preston (2/6)

16/17 Huddersfield, Newcastle, Barnsley, Norwich, Birmingham, Fulham (3/6)

15/16 Brighton, Boro, Birmingham, Burnley, Hull, Ipswich (4/6)

14/15 Forest, Norwich, Watford, Wolves, Charlton, Reading (2/6)

13/14 QPR, Leicester, Blackpool, Burnley, Forest, Watford (3/6)

Can’t be bothered to go back any further but that’s 14 out of 30 (less than 50%). So I don’t think that’s enough to say a top 6 side after 7 games will usually be there at the end of the season.

2nd place seems to always be there though. 

Thanks G of C, you are right. Not statistically valid. Great piece of work. So if we are in the top three after 7 games we have an even chance of getting into Play Offs.

Ghost of Clough what a guy!

I did say teams in top three after 7 games tend to finish in top six. 

Just less than 50% of gerbils voted to stay in EU and they will have a say in the Play Offs to get into/out of Europe. ?

12 hours ago, Rampage said:

Early doors form is often dictated by flukes. A player hits a run of great form (Cardiff last season), a team gets a bit of luck and builds on it, some draw a particularly easy set of fixtures, some are largely unchanged so players don't need time to bed in. The ones that succeed will generally be the ones consistent over the season or who finish strongly.

We are testament that both strong first halves of seasons mean little, and that good things can be achieved from starting toward the back of the pack.

24 minutes ago, Spaghetti Carbonari said:

Dasilva off to Vitesse

95E666D9-1905-4131-B8CD-68C874FA3B65.jpeg

Not convinced by O'Leary. He seems to think they will keep Hudson-Odoi to replace Pedro yet let Mount and Palmer go on loan who are ahead of him in the pecking order. 

12 hours ago, sage said:

Not convinced by O'Leary. He seems to think they will keep Hudson-Odoi to replace Pedro yet let Mount and Palmer go on loan who are ahead of him in the pecking order. 

From chats with Chelsea youth following friends, that is true of Mount but not of Palmer. 

Hudson-Odoi is 17 and very highly thought of, I don't know what their short term plans are but they definitely see him in their first team in the future. 

Palmer, from what I've heard, they're comfortable letting go permanently - they don't see a future for him at Chelsea.

Archived