2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

Does anybody really want the Prem?

We've all been nice and safe down here in the dark for ages (a bit like Gollum, till Frodo turns up)

Nasty play offs precious!!

Brian Clough trophy, worst team in history my precious!!

Lucky Parachute smaller team payments, away attendances and snow affected matches my precious!

Winning a bit more often than the nasty hobbits!!

Just a thought!!

Nope I'm not bothered at all about going up, why would anyone want to? Go from winning 25+ games a season to winning 3..... who cares about the money? We wont see any of it that will all go into the pockets of the business men running the place.

Look at Fulham, last season played some of the best football in the division, exciting to watch, lots of good young players (did you know Sessegnon was only 12 years old?) sweeping teams aside left and right.....this season they have spent 100+ million and look absolutely awful.

Nope, give me being able to win against Wigan, Reading and Hull over losing to Brighton, Bournemouth and Palace any day.

9 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

Did you set the game today at Portman road?

No, but I'm of the belief that you can never judge a team off the back of one game. I'll reserve judgement to you as to how bad Forest were, but I'm sure we've shown something to match that this season, and we're above them.

6 minutes ago, stoners said:

so just heard you've sold your stadium

desperate time then hey. Can remember Coventry doing that and look at them now.

Very short term tactic. Doesn't look good

Coventry never owned the Ricoh Arena. 

I don't think you lot have ever owned the City Ground either, come to think of it.

14 minutes ago, stoners said:

We're merely making use of an asset.  You can do exactly the same, as you own your gr....  Ah sorry ?

1 minute ago, stoners said:

I'm not a fan of the whole thing but it's quite the opposite of a short term tactic. If the EFL accepts the deal and financial results posted, we're well within FFP guidelines and won't have that breathing down our neck. Mel can now use the stadium to put on extra events to create extra revenue (not sure why we couldn't do that when Derby owned it, but it's something that's mentioned in DET's article) and the stadium can be sold back to the club if we get promoted. 

If anything, shouldn't you Forest fans be a little cautious before trying to gloat over this news? We've sold the likes of Hughes, Hendrick, Ince, Christie and Grant prior to the time these accounts are based on and still we were set to make a £25 million loss before the stadium sale, all because of that 1 big spending season under Clement in which huge wages were handed out to players. This season and last, you've spent well over £20 million on players and will surely have given massive wages to tempt the likes of Carvalho, Grabban, Dawson, Pantilimon, Watson, Murphy etc. to join you. You might find yourself in a similar mess in a few years

24 minutes ago, stoners said:

Who told you that?  I bet it was someone in the queue at the rent office?

29 minutes ago, stoners said:

bet you wish you had an asset to sell though, must be green with envy?

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

This season and last, you've spent well over  £20 million on players and will surely have given massive wages to tempt the likes of Carvalho, Grabban, Dawson, Pantilimon, Watson, Murphy etc. to join you. You might find yourself in a similar mess in a few years

Only if they’re not promoted in that time #inmartinwetrust #nailedon 

black think about it GIF by Identity

Archived