2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

28 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Nottingham population: 306000 est

Derby population: 254374 est

That’s an estimated additional 51,653, let’s take away Notts county’s 7k a week attendances then :

That still leaves you with 44653 more people to attend your games, again, your attendance rhetoric is hilarious. 

Mel has no intention of building the extension to the ground whilst we are in the championship, it was for if we get promoted, always was. I’m glad he’s frugal and sensible so we don’t leave ourselves financially screwed. 

Cant say the same for your lot, you’ve already breached ffp once, the way you’re heading you’ll do it again, you don’t learn 

enjoy your week in the sun, it’s going to come crashing down, I guarantee it 

ill save this post and remind you of it when it does ?

The population of the Nottingham Urban area is much larger than Derby though, although it does cross the border into Ilkeston and a few other places. We are Derby County though, so you shouldn't really be using just city population. From a county perspective we have about 20,000 less people than Nottinghamshire. Chesterfield get pretty good attendances in the north of the county though - roughly 5k most weeks plus we have Burton virtually inside our county as well.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people are getting a little carried away.  The have extended the lease, on the council owned property, and announced plans to expand.

One does not guarentee the other.

It may aim to increase to 38,000, however they have to get that past the locals, the council, the police and all sorts of interested parties.  You have to look at the current capacity, 30,455 (on Wiki), and then add another 8k to that.  Can the area and infastructure, parking, roads etc handle a 20% increase?  Also you would assume there would be a similiar increase in away fans.

Leeds have only averaged 32,000, they have the biggest fanbase in this league and have 37,890, giving them 84% occupancy.  Norwich, always sold out with the locals manage 88% occupancy.

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

I think people are getting a little carried away.  The have extended the lease, on the council owned property, and announced plans to expand.

One does not guarentee the other.

It may aim to increase to 38,000, however they have to get that past the locals, the council, the police and all sorts of interested parties.  You have to look at the current capacity, 30,455 (on Wiki), and then add another 8k to that.  Can the area and infastructure, parking, roads etc handle a 20% increase?  Also you would assume there would be a similiar increase in away fans.

Leeds have only averaged 32,000, they have the biggest fanbase in this league and have 37,890, giving them 84% occupancy.  Norwich, always sold out with the locals manage 88% occupancy.

i think so too - this is nowhere near a done deal - what is kind of interesting is that the planning application will come from Nottingham City Council, who own the stadium, and that the stadium actually sits within Rushcliffe Borough Council - in fact it was next door to their offices until they closed them recently. 

9 hours ago, stoners said:

I saw bottles being thrown. lets hope that the police and cctv sort them out. No place for it

Oddly enough the last time I went to Forest's ground was getting on for 40 years ago, the days of Trevor Francis. My boss dragged me along to a cup quarter-final against West 'am, so I couldn't really say no. The match went to extra time. Forest scored, at which point the bottles came raining down. Some bloke near us got one on the head. At that point it was a case of a sharp exit.

As you say, no place for it.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I'm pretty sure he's just waiting to get his paws back on the family kitty so he can buy back forest, after all, he had that painting of him and Clough made, he loves forest so much he invented Fawaz day for all forest fans to show their adoration of him.

51 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure he's just waiting to get his paws back on the family kitty so he can buy back forest, after all, he had that painting of him and Clough made, he loves forest so much he invented Fawaz day for all forest fans to show their adoration of him.

And the forest fans went along with it with gusto. Surely that’s even sadder. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was pretty awful right. Sir Brian and that chump should never be seen in the same picture. 

On 01/03/2019 at 07:06, ronnieronalde said:

There was probably a very good reason I try to stay away from any Derby/Forest banter. I should keep my big gob shut but as a "neutral" I find the to-ing and fro-ing fascinating.

I want to make two points but I'm worried about the backlash both sides of the fence. One good, one bad for either club.

The bolded bit above. It drove him nuts, even in the late 80's. I remember "we'd" stuck six past Villa and Norwich and maybe even seven past Chelsea then Liverpool rock up at the City Ground and there's only 21,000 in the ground at ten to three. There was an electronic clicker on the turnstiles that fed the numbers through real time to a TV in  Ken Smales/ Paul White's office. He said fairly regularly what does he have to do to sell the place out. So in terms of fans, I think there is a solid argument that Derby is indeed more of a football town than Nottingham.

As for on the pitch though, I struggle to see how you lot give Forest so much stick when if you look it in pure black and white, their on the pitch achievements eclipse anything the Rams have done, apart from the last decade or so. Certainly since Mac 1 landed on his feet with a squad built for him, Derby have edged it and looked the more likely of the two "ready" to go up again.

Before that? Cups, leagues, European trophies, wembley visits, league finishing positions, time spent in the top division consecutively. Forest come out on top. Certainly since I've been alive.

Recent history? Both clubs have chucked boat loads of cash at too many managers, through various owners and various dodgy CEO's so I don't see how either set of fans tries to paint the other club as the villain. other than for pure banter (hatred as well!!)

Now the fact that neither club has achieved sod all in the grand scheme of things since Brian was no longer in charge brings little satisfaction but it does go to show how spoiled both sets of fans were during his reign

The stadium plans look very good but let's be honest, their owner doesn't exactly inspire confidence and long term trust so it could just as easily go tits up. Then you lot would have something to really chuckle about.

As for today though, this is probably the closest you've both been to being the same as the other for ages. I couldn't split you in terms of current quality or potential as both clubs could go either way.

My get out of jail free card is I'm allowed to want both of you to do well. Annoying, I know!!

Some of that is right & wrong.... 

Cups - Yes, Forest have won more trophies in their history
Leagues - No, Derby have won more leagues in their history - both first and second division. 
European Trophies - obviously yes.
Wembley visits - not sure, either way. 
League finishing positions - again, not sure what the average would be.
Time spent in the top division - No, Derby have spent 9 more seasons in the top flight than Forest. 

I agree in the grand scheme of things that we both pretty delusional as fanbases. Forest fans believe they're a top flight club, despite spending their majority of their history outside the top flight. Derby, despite spending the majority of their history in the top flight, haven't been that much better. Reasonable sized UK teams, who quite frankly wouldn't be missed by many if they fell off the face of the earth. 

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Some of that is right & wrong.... 

Cups - Yes, Forest have won more trophies in their history
Leagues - No, Derby have won more leagues in their history - both first and second division. 
European Trophies - obviously yes.
Wembley visits - not sure, either way. 
League finishing positions - again, not sure what the average would be.
Time spent in the top division - No, Derby have spent 9 more seasons in the top flight than Forest. 

Thanks for clearing that up with fact. Derby have 7 league titles, 65 seasons in the top flight and something like 3300+ points collectively. These stats rank us 15th out of every English club going. 

4 minutes ago, stoners said:

the only saving grace was you played someone as poor as yourself last night

Wigan deserved more

1- They didn't- they played ok but Derby were better.

2- They hadn't lost for 5 games including draws at Stoke and Middlesbrough so they aren't that poor .

3- Mind the gap x

Archived