2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Ah no. I thought both teams were poor, but you won the day by having higher levels of desire and because we couldn't defend a standard ball into the box.

But hey, if that standard of football and either parking the bus or the 'kick it up to the big lad' is pleasing to you, then no problem. You're likely to be disappointed less often than not.

we were talking about fans now you seem to have jumped to talking about the teams ?

37 minutes ago, Davide said:

Empty seats my lord empty seats....

your ground’s too big for you ....

Forest Capacity 30,602 Ave attendance 28.070 (sold out 5 times this season)

Derby Capacity 33,597 Ave attendance 26,749 (despite being in PO all season)

Id have thought with 12 fingers youd had been better at Maths.

22 minutes ago, stoners said:

we were talking about fans now you seem to have jumped to talking about the teams ?

Apologies, wrong end of the stick, I was referring to the teams.

Thought the atmosphere was great. You always get quiet periods in games, hence the football in a library song. But on the whole Forest fans above us we were up for it.  The noise on the goal and FT was terrific. Until the odd coin started coming down on the final whistle. Could have done without that.

Thought we did a decent job. But let's face it, from our point of view there was absolutely nothing to get excited about.

15 minutes ago, stoners said:

I think our capacity is a work of fiction. We have never had a crowd that size I don't think.

anyhow, having given us a clip round the ear the other evening, how in general are you boys viewing the impact of MON and the bruiser Keane? Are the sunlit uplands hoving into view, or is it the early spring sunlight glinting of Kenny Burns' balding pate? ?

24 minutes ago, stoners said:

And you’ve still got smaller gate receipts! 

59 minutes ago, stoners said:

One season in a decade with Forest getting high attendances. Look back at stats and you will see Forest average around 20,000 over last decade with many matches closer to 15,000 attendance than 20. Derby have only averaged less than 25,000 on three occasions since 1997 . So stats point to this season being an exception rather than the norm and business sense would say unless Forest reach top 10 premier league, a ground of 38,000 would be too large. Maybe a merger with Notts could work? 

51 minutes ago, Squid said:

And you’ve still got smaller gate receipts! 

Tbh I wish the tickets were cheaper at Derby - perhaps we wouldn't always have these threads of people deliberating whether to renew or not at this time of the season, every year, if they were. I'm not going to take the piss out of them for making tickets more affordable for their fans, even if it is Forest. 

"Your owner charges you less for your season tickets!" is piss poor banter to be fair. 

I think this is going to be a mistake for them unless they return to the Premiership. Apart from an unusual blip this season their average attendances over the past 4 seasons have been poor. Usually around a third of their ground is empty for home games. For a city that size and a club as "glorious" as they it's embarrassing.

Forest average home attendance:

17/18 - 81% 

16/17 - 66%

15/16 - 64%

14/15 - 77%

Derby average home attendance:

17/18 - 81%

16/17 - 86%

15/16 - 88%

14/15 - 87%

Great business model.

lets fill stadium with cheap tickets.

oh! We keep selling out, but make no extra money and still can’t get promoted.

Lets expand the stadium!

We’ll just increase prices to the same  comparative level as when we used to be challenging in the playoffs.

Oh wait, we didn’t used to fill the stadium at that time. 

Erm??

35 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Tbh I wish the tickets were cheaper at Derby - perhaps we wouldn't always have these threads of people deliberating whether to renew or not at this time of the season, every year, if they were. I'm not going to take the piss out of them for making tickets more affordable for their fans, even if it is Forest. 

"Your owner charges you less for your season tickets!" is piss poor banter to be fair. 

Oi! Stop being sensible. This thread is for silliness only! 

48 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

I think this is going to be a mistake for them unless they return to the Premiership. Apart from an unusual blip this season their average attendances over the past 4 seasons have been poor. Usually around a third of their ground is empty for home games. For a city that size and a club as "glorious" as they it's embarrassing.

Forest average home attendance:

17/18 - 81% 

16/17 - 66%

15/16 - 64%

14/15 - 77%

Derby average home attendance:

17/18 - 81%

16/17 - 86%

15/16 - 88%

14/15 - 87%

id be embarrassed by that.

Your actually proving my point. Youve been Constantly in the play offs and cant get yourself above 90%. Try being mid table at best and in relegation battles. id say youd struggle to get to 50% full. Suppose we'll be able to test that theory when FFP kick in next year for your lot

52 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Great business model.

lets fill stadium with cheap tickets.

oh! We keep selling out, but make no extra money and still can’t get promoted.

Lets expand the stadium!

We’ll just increase prices to the same  comparative level as when we used to be challenging in the playoffs.

Oh wait, we didn’t used to fill the stadium at that time. 

Erm??

lets give tickets away with Mobile phone contract and a free flag with an accompanying scary mask  

17 minutes ago, stoners said:

lets give tickets away with Mobile phone contract and a free flag with an accompanying scary mask  

Have you ever heard of buymobilephones.net? Guessing the answer is not... should give you a good idea of the fact all of about 10 people used them.

As for your previous point, our lowest average attendance in the past 15 years was 23,263 (we finished 10th). It has been 24,166 and 26,023 whilst finishing 20th and 19th respectively in those seasons too. 

Not sure why I went through the effort of supplying a proper answer to your nonsense, though.

16 minutes ago, stoners said:

id be embarrassed by that.

Your actually proving my point. Youve been Constantly in the play offs and cant get yourself above 90%. Try being mid table at best and in relegation battles. id say youd struggle to get to 50% full. Suppose we'll be able to test that theory when FFP kick in next year for your lot

Hasn't FFP supposed to have been kicking in against us for the past 5 years according to your lot? FFP is based over 3 year periods and we've spent roughly around £42 million on players and made around £51 million in player sales during that time. During that same period you lot have spent roughly £34 million on players and made around £32 million in player sales. If FFP is kicking in against us next season whilst we have a positive net spend, I really fear for your lot with that negative net spend. 

Forest increasing their capacity is absolutely mental. I know they reduced ticket prices considerably for those at a certain age, something along the lines of a 21-year-old could get their season ticket for £100. We've certainly gone the other way with ticket prices, most midweek games now are £30-35 a match and season tickets close to £450-500 a head even in the cheapest area. 

I say fair play for making matches affordable, but increasing the stadium at a cost of no doubt £10+ million is lunacy. During the 15/16 season they were averaging less than 10,000 than us and less than 20,000 a game. I know that fans get excited about this kind of news, no doubt we would if we were to increase the stadium, but commercially this is absolutely bonkers.

Forest are a team with a core support of around 22-24 thousand, so I just don't get where the other 14 thousand people are expected to come from? 

Archived