2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Wasn't there a lawsuit about this with Keane blaming the ghostwriter added that and that he would never think say or do anything..

Don't think so. He tried to say in his second book he didn't set out to injure him, but don't think there was a denial of the words used, he didn't deny wanting to hurt him, just wanting to injure him.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Don't think so. He tried to say in his second book he didn't set out to injure him, but don't think there was a denial of the words used, he didn't deny wanting to hurt him, just wanting to injure him.

That's like arguing manslaughter over murder when you set out with a baseball bat.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@ronnieronalde, forgive me if you've already told this story, but how did you know Clough senior? No worries if you don't want to say.

Without boring the poo out of everyone else pal.

In 1988, he took me to live with him and his family when I was a bullied little 15 year old, scruffy, scared of my own shadow and without a future.

Despite the intervention somehow I've managed to turn the clock back and now I'm 46, scruffy and have no future ? ??

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Without boring the poo out of everyone else pal.

In 1988, he took me to live with him and his family when I was a bullied little 15 year old, scruffy, scared of my own shadow and without a future.

Despite the intervention somehow I've managed to turn the clock back and now I'm 46, scruffy and have no future ? ??

Do you walk in the shade to avoid casting a shadow?

On 28/01/2019 at 09:09, BaaLocks said:

Given I have never worked with or (obviously) been friends with a Forest fan I haven't ever really experienced the rivalry beyond the gates of the ground. For that reason, and the reason we missed each other in the leagues for a lot of my time growing up, I simply don't have the passion of 'hatred' towards them. 

Indeed, when it comes to Europe I know I might get a ban, and some snarly emojis for saying this, I doff my cap to them. Mainly because it was all of Clough & Taylor's making (plus a spine of our old players) but imho you can't but admire a small club like Forest winning the European Cup twice.

My only challenge on the point above is that the tournament actually only had five rounds to get to the final. OK - it was over two legs in all but the final but in 1980 they got to the semi final by beating Oster, Arges Pijesti and Dinamo Berlin. As discussed on the other thread, it's the joy of cup football, I don't take it away from them but it was so much easier for a small team to win back in the days.

But too hard for even smaller teams like yours??

1 hour ago, eezzeetiger said:

Oster, Arges Pijesti and Dinamo Berlin

Sorry mate ,  I've never heard of any of those .  I do remember an Oster that played for Grimsby,  I think the team that you beat in the semi final sang the theme to top gun. The other one is a made up team from a book on Greek mythology .

8 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

I think people forget the landscape of football back in those days.

Romania wouldnt of been an easy place to go and Steaua won the cup in 86. Dynamo Berlin were a good side who could pull the best players from East Germany and were no doubt full of steroids.  

Travel to the Eastern bloc was awkward and hostility and corruption in football was rife. There was no way of scouting players or knowing what you were up against until you turned up on the park. 

42 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

What goes around comes around. The red dogs weren’t complaining when Grabban threw himself to the floor for a penalty at the weekend.

Yeah but he missed so it doesn't matter, is their response to it. 

Archived