2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I did have a work mate from Nottingham whose ex girlfriend was very good friend's with a former Forest player back in the early nineties.  He was watching a game on telly and this player scored .  His girlfriend started crying and fessed up that she had entertained this same player a few weekends before in a nightclub.  Strangely,  he kept going to games but couldn't really bring him himself to cheer this player on anymore .

Would surely depend on the player.

I'd forgive my partner a lap of the pitch with Johnny Russell who she's always swooned over, but if it was Keogh I'd feel like Na... That's us..

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, philmycock said:

A couple.

Wow you're bessies with Roy Keane?!

I didn't say that.

I do believe I was one of the first three people to know he'd signed his pro contract and I was one of the first 3 to know he was making his debut away at Anfield.

I know that because he took my seat in Brian's car on the way up to Anfield. I was meant to be going with Brian but Roy and Phil Starbuck got called up late due to sickness in the squad.

I still don't know why things like this upset you so much that you dislike me.

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I did have a work mate from Nottingham whose ex girlfriend was very good friend's with a former Forest player back in the early nineties.  He was watching a game on telly and this player scored .  His girlfriend started crying and fessed up that she had entertained this same player a few weekends before in a nightclub.  Strangely,  he kept going to games but couldn't really bring him himself to cheer this player on anymore .

Yeah I get why!!!

I dated a spanish girl from Cala Millor for 18 months (Cala was where Forest went pre season). She came to live with me in Nottm and I found out the pre season before she'd met Tony Loughlan and quite fancied him.

I've got no idea and I don't care what happened between them before we met, but for a while, every time I saw Lough I'd play kick him.

The good looking, forty yard lob on his debut scoring, fancy dan.

14 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I didn't say that.

I do believe I was one of the first three people to know he'd signed his pro contract and I was one of the first 3 to know he was making his debut away at Anfield.

I know that because he took my seat in Brian's car on the way up to Anfield. I was meant to be going with Brian but Roy and Phil Starbuck got called up late due to sickness in the squad.

I still don't know why things like this upset you so much that you dislike me.

I'm not upset Ronnie, I don't dislike you, I despair that you like Forest ?

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

You ever had a really good mate play professional football pal?

In a previous incarnation, I had a very varied life before the normal 9-5 routine took over and knew a fair few footballers -only a few as friends - but I used to arrange a lot of VIP access to house music clubs through contacts for them .  Some of the stuff they got up to and bother they got in was incredible but as a professional athlete in your twenties  you can carry it off.  Too be far some were hilarious and some were total **** ****.   When they hit the twilight years and still did the same routine it starts to show .   I would imagine with the pace of the game now and constant monitoring a footballers life is probably pretty different.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Would surely depend on the player.

I'd forgive my partner a lap of the pitch with Johnny Russell who she's always swooned over, but if it was Keogh I'd feel like Na... That's us..

Hmm Some man love going on there i assume??

9 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Yeah I get why!!!

I dated a spanish girl from Cala Millor for 18 months (Cala was where Forest went pre season). She came to live with me in Nottm and I found out the pre season before she'd met Tony Loughlan and quite fancied him.

I've got no idea and I don't care what happened between them before we met, but for a while, every time I saw Lough I'd play kick him.

The good looking, forty yard lob on his debut scoring, fancy dan.

I really ought to grow up.

12 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Not his proudest moment and to be fair I've not read his autobiography so don't know what he said exactly. I could google it.

I was sure that challenge didn't end Haaland's career and it was something else.

I'm not condoning what he did but it's also very very scummy indeed for Alfie Haaland to do what he did while Keane was writhing in agony.

I prefer to remember the Roy I knew and got pleasure out of watching.

Double standards from me maybe, but there you go, we're all capable of that football wise. Just look at the Villa fans jumping to the defence of MIngs, or even closer to home the Derby fans defending Johnson.

Sometimes we turn a blind eye if it's one of our own.

Keanes comments were "I'd waited long enough. I ducked hit him hard," he wrote. "The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

Haaland had knee problems but he never played a full game again after the Keane challenge. Even if it wasnt directly the cause Keanes comments are still unforgivable.

Your comments about Haaland i sort of get, but dont forget Keane had just taken him out with a clumsy challenge, it was all very quick and I think a lot of players would have assumed as Haaland did that Keane was feigning injury to avoid a card of some description. The only person responsible for Keane's injury was Keane himself, regardless of what Haaland said to him.

Even my Mum turned down Roy Keane back in the day (true story).

He tried chatting her up and she didn't even know who he was. (Would love to hear how Roy Keane would chat somebody up without threatening them)

Lose lose situation for her really;

- A failed marriage with a fork truck driver & a child like me in the mix.

or

- A good kicking from Roy Keane on a regular basis.

Poor wpman

54 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Keanes comments were "I'd waited long enough. I ducked hit him hard," he wrote. "The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

Haaland had knee problems but he never played a full game again after the Keane challenge. Even if it wasnt directly the cause Keanes comments are still unforgivable.

Your comments about Haaland i sort of get, but dont forget Keane had just taken him out with a clumsy challenge, it was all very quick and I think a lot of players would have assumed as Haaland did that Keane was feigning injury to avoid a card of some description. The only person responsible for Keane's injury was Keane himself, regardless of what Haaland said to him.

Wasn't there a lawsuit about this with Keane blaming the ghostwriter added that and that he would never think say or do anything..

21 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

He tried chatting her up and she didn't even know who he was. (Would love to hear how Roy Keane would chat somebody up without threatening them)

or

Poor wpman

Bet she still regrets rejecting his advances to this day. Bless her.

28 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

or

Poor wpman

I don't know which button to click for that one pal.

It's got everything.

It's sad, it's funny, it's even got a happy ending and who amongst us  doesn't love a happy ending?! (Dip your bread @Boycie)

Pick a button, any button.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Can't argue with any of that Paul. I was never really an Alfie fan so I guess that's why I'm not as outraged as I should be.

Like I said, we all turn a blind eye to things we shouldn't when it's someone we're fond of.

It may disgust and surprise a few of you to know I was delighted when Eric Cantona did what he did at Crystal Palace

So wrong but so, so right.

2 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I hope he doesn't find out about this forum.

I can't afford to be sued. Probably could if he was my Dad though.

I like this alternative timeline where you spend eternity wondering what your life would be like with Roy Keane as papa.

Archived