2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with the Bonatini signing, he's utter garbage! 

He hasn't scored a league goal since September 2017, despite playing 29 times. When I last saw him, he put in one of the worst performances seen from a professional footballer. It's not like he's not getting chances, he's had them plated up, but he's just awful. 

I can't wait to see how this one works out. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I'm happy with the Bonatini signing, he's utter garbage! 

He hasn't scored a league goal since September 2017, despite playing 29 times. When I last saw him, he put in one of the worst performances seen from a professional footballer. It's not like he's not getting chances, he's had them plated up, but he's just awful. 

I can't wait to see how this one works out. 

After this a hatful at the end of February ?

13 hours ago, Carnero said:

This has all the makings of a meltdown on here come 11pm - Forest in for Bonatini, Austin & Vydra and us struggling to offload the dross and bring in any ourselves ?

Translation: "I'm going to thcream and thcream and thcream - until I'm thick."

Mission accomplished.

11 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Four loans in during the transfer window to add to the four loans already in their squad, making a total of eight. Now my understanding is you can't select more than five loan players in an 18-man match-day squad. ?

Correct. 

Which means you're going to have a few unhappy loanees/parent clubs unless that is managed incredibly well.

(Plus if they do just freeze 3 loanees out for most of the season they're paying wages for someone else's player to train with them)

20 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Well you'd think the 4 loanees they've just brought in are going to play (unless they've gone completely insane) which leaves 3 out of Janko, Colbeck, Dias and Goncalves to be frozen out. I'd imagine the 2 Portuguese players aren't cheap loans.

Dias has left. Olympiakos I think?

17 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Reading the Forest forum a week ot two ago I got the impression they'd spunked around £30 million in the last couple of windows and were still spending like there's no tomorrow. Aren't they subject to FFP like the rest of us?

Its to do with the purchase and fawaz writing some debts off, despite having amassed a debt of 70 + million and losing 20 million a year they posted 30 million record profits.

28 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Reading the Forest forum a week ot two ago I got the impression they'd spunked around £30 million in the last couple of windows and were still spending like there's no tomorrow. Aren't they subject to FFP like the rest of us?

FFP goes over 3 seasons - they  an make a combined loss of £39 mill. They only lost around £7 mill in 16/17. Looking at the transfers though apparently they've brought in £27 mill of players just this season with basically nothing coming in for outgoing players. Plus you have any other costs they can't usually cover from their normal income plus another season of losses. I don't entirely understand how they calculate if FFP has been broken, so someone may correct me, but I'd be surprised if they manage to stay within it in this 3 year period.

Archived