2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

10 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'd originally saw that the fee first mentioned was exaggerated quite a bit and it turns out it wasn't. They're certainly backing Karanka this season then

According to Wikipedia they both have squad numbers. Carvalho is 90 and Goncalves 84.

At least I assume those are their squad numbers - perhaps they are their ages in order to fit in with the rest of Karankas granddads.......

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

Why haven’t Wolves gone for these? Same agent.

Probably the same reason I mentioned at the end of that post, they have barely any top level experience whereas Wolves' signed players who had been regulars for top level teams like Porto, Monaco, Deportivo etc. 

Forest spending money can only be good for us, with regards to investment ourselves. £13.2m for a highly rated player isn’t that much either, when you consider someone as wet behind the ears as Grealish is talked about at £40m and the vastly better Sessegnon at £100m. 

I’ve said it numerous times though, buying on potential is a dangerous game. The majority actually go backwards in their career. I’m also certain that if he was ‘champions league’ standard as I’ve seen on Twitter then at least one premier league side would be in for him, not to mention Wolves - who the agent of the kid is a named advisor at. Benfica would have also been desperate to keep him and gave him more game time. 

I wonder what Macheda is up to nowadays, off topic I know. 

15 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Forest will do so much better than us - happy for them. Their turn to make a challenge

Are you mad? 

I'm not sure what's more ludicrous... the suggestion that they'll do better than us, or saying that you'll be happy about it! 

35 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

£13m for Carvalho, 5 year contract. Similar price to Neves, will he have the same impact?

Plenty of potential for this to blow up hilariously.

His value on transfermarkt was £2.25m. Obviously these aren't concrete but Jeez that is a difference.

For the youngsters...he is only a 72 on Fifa18 

Portugese football has been dogged with allegations of money laundering for a few years now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36203418

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3571534/Benfica-Sporting-Lisbon-clubs-searched-Portuguese-police-suspected-money-laundering-investigation.html

Given the vast sums that go through Portugese clubs I often wonder if there is any truth to it, especially given that a footy club is a decent way to wash money.

Sure the above board Forest owner would not get involved with anything like that though.

Archived