2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Nail on head. 

A few morons the forest side - oh it equates to all their fanbase. 

Meanwhile Derby sing about Doughty passing away? (and yes I was there at PP that game), oh its just an isolated pocket. 

All clubs have their section of idiots. That goes with being a football fan unfortunately.

We are no different. 

I was at the game too, not isolated either. Was appalled.

There was booing around our section towards those chanting it.

But enough about that ancient history. 

How do you fare for next season? Presumably no Mount, no Tomori, no Wilson. 

Perhaps no Lampard and whats the situation like financially? 

I tend to read our side suggest you're totally fooked, and the Derby side who think Mel has pulled a blinder and won't effect your spending at all. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle?

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I tend to read our side suggest you're totally fooked, and the Derby side who think Mel has pulled a blinder and won't effect your spending at all. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle?

Frank has said he stays so right now we have to assume thats fact. Possible Tomori may come back.

Financially we should be better off, we will bank a fair amount from the playoffs and quite a few big earners contracts are up so we can look to trim the squad and wage bill.

People have been suggesting we are in FFP trouble for a few years now but we have always been ok.

Wilson and Mount will be missed but always an opportunity for our youth to come through,  plus two or three decent loans.

Our young players are showing lots of promise and have had a lot of success this season.

Bring through another bogle or two and that would be good.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

We'll be freeing up a huge chunk of wage bill with most of Clements deadwood being out of contract in the summer.

Budget probably wont be massive, but i dont think it needs to be. We did make a profit last year dontcha know - Lamps probably has a bit to spend. We will very likely have the pick of any prem loanees if we want them thanks to Lamps pulling power and the development he provided for all 3 loanees this year.

Plus our 18s are national champions, so we'll probably use a few of those lads i suspect.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

There's rumours of Tomori returning but I doubt any will drop back down to the Championship. Mount will be almost impossible to replace unless we spend big or find another talent like him on loan. We've got Davies returning from injury who's a top centre back for this level, but we really need to sign someone who can play out from the back to replace Tomori. Wilson is our top scorer but he's very inconsistent. We'll need to replace his goals but I'm confident a full season of Marriott and Waghorn can achieve that. Minus Roos (who's a decent keeper, but shouldn't prove difficult to replace) the players out of contract are all over 30 and can't offer what they used to. Johnson has been decent for the latter parts of the season but it looks like Shinnie has already joined to be his replacement.

Lampard leaving probably all depends on whether Sarri goes to Juventus because I can't see Chelsea sacking him now. 

As for that last part - "who think Mel has pulled a blinder and won't effect your spending at all." To be honest mate, I know it doesn't look like it from the outside, but our spending has been effected for the past 3 season due to FFP, We've had to sell Hughes, Hendrick, Ince, Christie, Weimann, Vydra etc. during that time and still we were set to fail FFP without the stadium sale. It's a joke .... roughly £47 million brought in from sales in the past 3 seasons whilst spending around £38 million and we would still have failed because of that 1 season under Clement where we spent big which is now 4 years ago. You've had a similar season this year haven't you? £25 million or so spent and bigger wages offered. It wouldn't surprise me to see yourselves and other clubs without the luxury of parachute payments be in a similar position to us in the coming years unless they make changes to FFP.

We probably could spend a chunk after the stadium sale left us in profit in terms of FFP, but I can't see Mel risking us getting back in a mess so expect us to be looking to the loan market, the lower leagues and Scotland for our signings. 

6 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

You got dinosaur O'Neill!!!! ? lol-ley 

14 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

You lot seem to think the same every season but somehow we still manage to finish above you.

12 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

You've had a similar season this year haven't you? £25 million or so spent and bigger wages offered. It wouldn't surprise me to see yourselves and other clubs without the luxury of parachute payments be in a similar position to us in the coming years unless they make changes to FFP.

I genuinely don't know what top believe anymore. We've also sold some big players over the last few years. Burke 13m, Antonio 7m, Brereton 8m (thanks Blackburn ?), Assombalonga 15m, but also spent an utter fortune on some dross last year. Huge squad, many not doing anything to earn their wages. 

I imagine we'll have a limited transfer budget, but then with Dino at the helm thats probably for the best.

Another mid table for us I would imagine.  For Derby, I dont think you have as good a chance to go up next season as this one. Just my take. 

15 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Although, digging through the archives for a little gotcha moment? How sad are you

I only had to dig 9 months ago, not like I had to dig 40 years deep for a moment, how sad would that be?

11 minutes ago, David said:

I only had to dig 9 months ago, not like I had to dig 40 years deep for a moment, how sad would that be?

I imagine Derby's commemorations for their European Cup wins will be much better than ours. 

Oh.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

For Derby, I dont think you have as good a chance to go up next season as this one. Just my take. 

A certain poster on Derby's prospects for the 18/19 season;

'Really? Genuinely think you'll be doing well to make top 10 next season.'

No prizes for guessing who. 

You're a Forest fan. You're obviously going to predict we will get worse every year and you will get better.

Archived