stoners

O'Notts Forest

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 20:15, Cam the Ram said:

Signed Dawson (34), to add to their squad that includes Watson (32), Mancienne (30), Guedioura (32), Murphy (35), Fox (32), Ward (32), Henderson (30) and are linked with signing Marney (34) and Grabban (30).

Copycats

Got to say I aint over entusiatic by this signing.

The strategy of investing in younger players on lower wages was given 6 months under MW. That didn't bring us the third start within that half a year. So its back to the tried and tested buying 'Ex Prem 30 something's last payday, always loved Forest' strategy.

De ja vu anyone?

Edited by GboroRam

Hobbs needs to hobble on to that list as well, will be 30 by time the season starts. 11 players 30+. 

Rumours are Stannah Stairlifts are looking to sponsors their shirts.

34 minutes ago, David said:

Hobbs needs to hobble on to that list as well, will be 30 by time the season starts. 11 players 30+. 

Rumours are Stannah Stairlifts are looking to sponsors their shirts.

Did you know Stannah have developed a new stairlift? It’s so fast it gets you upstairs before you’ve forgotten what you went up for!

4 hours ago, stoners said:

Got to say I aint over entusiatic by this signing.

The strategy of investing in younger players on lower wages was given 6 months under MW. That didn't bring us the third start within that half a year. So its back to the tried and tested buying 'Ex Prem 30 something's last payday, always loved Forest' strategy.

De ja vu anyone?

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so you guys must have been flattered to within an inch of your lives by Rowett on that basis lol

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so you guys must have been flattered to within an inch of your lives by Rowett on that basis lol

Yep, it's been rumoured that each new signing got an autographed pair of Rowetts trainers.

They're supposedly close to signing 2 young lads from Benfica, 1 for over £13 million and the other on loan with a view to a permanent move for over £17 million. Both have plenty of appearances for Benfica B, but have less than 20 appearances combined for their senior team. They could be incredible players, but for half of that £13 million they could bring in Maddison and Marriott who would be much less of a risk

48 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

They're supposedly close to signing 2 young lads from Benfica, 1 for over £13 million and the other on loan with a view to a permanent move for over £17 million. Both have plenty of appearances for Benfica B, but have less than 20 appearances combined for their senior team. They could be incredible players, but for half of that £13 million they could bring in Maddison and Marriott who would be much less of a risk

Just had a look at the lad that is supposedly joining for 13m, and I’m scratching my head as to why? Neves has captained Porto in the CL, but this lad doesn’t seem to have done much 

35 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Just had a look at the lad that is supposedly joining for 13m, and I’m scratching my head as to why? Neves has captained Porto in the CL, but this lad doesn’t seem to have done much 

I think that was a one off performance.

Extremely exciting, but equally terrifying. That being said, seems spending is the best way out of this league judging by the top 6 in the past couple of seasons?

17 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I've only ever seen them play once against England u21s so I can't really comment on how good they are. I've definitely heard their names mentioned as having big futures in recent years, but it's a huge risk. It worked for Wolves signing young Portuguese lads, so it might work for them. The difference is, the group of players Wolves signed had played regular first team football at the likes of Monaco, Porto, Deportivo etc. and the two they're signing have only got 20-30 appearances for senior teams away from Benfica B. Although, I don't really know what the level of competition in Benfica B's league is like, so who knows, it might have done them a world of good playing for them for so long

MrsRam

Just had a quick look on LTLF - they need a bit more pepper with it. 👌💦

the emojis on here tho' haha - who drew them - Helen Keller?

Edited by MrsRam

2 hours ago, GadFly said:

Surely they can't afford this?

hope they can . Over 13 million for a striker  who plays for Benfica reserves 16 goals in 86 games . 7 first team games in 4 years .  Turned down by Wolves last year at a much cheaper price .  ffp its coming for you is the mantra they rollout every day .  Time for them to look in the mirror methinks .