2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Signing Sam Byram on loan apparently.

Disappeared from football following his move from Leeds to West Ham in 2016. Could still do well in this league.

Fabio from Boro linked too now, so a pair of fullbacks. 

Think Fabio would be a purchase rather than a loan though. 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

somethings telling me we’re going to get Tammy Abraham...

Something's telling me that he's going to a prem team. 

The guy made his England debut last season - can't see him coming to Derby ahead of somewhere like Fulham or Wolves. Could even see the likes of West Ham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield being interested in him. Is Frank being here that much of a draw? 

27 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think with Karanka and their new signings, Forest will be a big improvement on last season.

They're currently 12/1 to win the Championship. Derby are 16/1. The bookies already think they've overtaken us.

No they don't.

They're just reflecting the amount of bets being placed, presumably by over-excited Forest fans

22 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Something's telling me that he's going to a prem team. 

The guy made his England debut last season - can't see him coming to Derby ahead of somewhere like Fulham or Wolves. Could even see the likes of West Ham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield being interested in him. Is Frank being here that much of a draw? 

But why would those teams be offering him guaranteed first team football which will be what Chelsea want for him, when he struggled to hold a place in Swansea’s side last year? Sure plenty of prem teams will happily have him, but the best step for him now is to be the main man again, and a step down to work with someone of lampards stature appears ideal for me.

31 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

It's alright, no doubt Frank will be working day and night to ensure the right signings come to Derby and in good time

Should hope it’s not just frank or were in trouble. They’ll be a whole team working behind the scenes to sort this stuff out, if Lampard was here or not we still need money to balance the books first. Once Vydra is gone we’ll make moves, of that I’m sure.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think with Karanka and their new signings, Forest will be a big improvement on last season.

They're currently 12/1 to win the Championship. Derby are 16/1. The bookies already think they've overtaken us.

That's not a surprise to anyone though, surely? They have an experienced manager who's won promotion before and he seemingly has a huge budget. We have a manager in his first ever job and all the media have the impression we have to sell players and Frank will be working on a tight budget. Even without their signings I'd be shocked if they weren't level or even ahead of us with the bookies, simply because of the managers 

2 hours ago, GadFly said:

Fabio from Boro linked too now, so a pair of fullbacks. 

Think Fabio would be a purchase rather than a loan though. 

Fabio is out of contract I believe 

12 minutes ago, Topram said:

#nffc are set to sign striker El Arbi Hillel Soudani, an Algerian international, after agreeing a deal with Dinamo Zagreb. Medical on Friday confirmed

We have been chasing him for a long while now and he really looks the business. Out of all the players we have signed, this guy is the one I am most excited about.

It's worth noting too he isn't a striker, he's a winger. He average's a goal every other game at every level (international & club) he's played out from out wide and has turned down a lot of offers (in China & Saudi in particular) to come here.

Hopefully for us he will surprise a few people.

15 minutes ago, Forest187 said:

We have been chasing him for a long while now and he really looks the business. Out of all the players we have signed, this guy is the one I am most excited about.

It's worth noting too he isn't a striker, he's a winger. He average's a goal every other game at every level (international & club) he's played out from out wide and has turned down a lot of offers (in China & Saudi in particular) to come here.

Hopefully he'll be like razza but with less ball control.

Just being Partizan.

14 hours ago, Forest187 said:

Well if this isn't a post to bookmark, I don't know what is!

His scoring record is good, albeit it mainly in the Croatian league. I'm not sure saying that he's turned down offers in China & Saudi is all that much to boast about tbh!

I'd have to ask why, starting with the 2013/14 season he's only managed to appear in 64 of Zagreb's 180 matches, or  his highest number of appearances for club and country combined in any one season is 27.

Injuries? He's the Algerian Adam Le Fondre and simply isn't good enough at anything other than scoring to be worth playing regularly? Is he cut out for the Championship or will he be just as bad as the Algerians brought in by Al Hasawi?

Only time will tell.

...also you may have got a bit carried away saying "he averages a goal every other game at every level"?

Across 7 seasons:

International: 15 Appearances, 3 goals.

Europa League: 10 Appearances, 3 goals (all in 1 match against Romanian side Astra Giurgiu).

Champions League: 10 appearances, 0 goals

17 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hopefully he'll be like razza but with less ball control.

Just being Partizan.

That's Belgrade, not Zagreb.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Coconut said:

...also you may have got a bit carried away saying "he averages a goal every other game at every level"?

Across 7 seasons:

International: 15 Appearances, 3 goals.

Europa League: 10 Appearances, 3 goals (all in 1 match against Romanian side Astra Giurgiu).

Champions League: 10 appearances, 0 goals

He meant a goal every other paragraph.

Archived