2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

It worked out so well the last time they signed Pele II - can't even remember his name now he was so successful.....

Perhaps this one will be the new Eusebio.....

There’s another example. 

I hear some team did quite well with a chap called Pele. So we’ll get one too, and success is sure to follow. 

Theg keep trying to get some guy called Clough to manage them too. When that failed they signed a player called Zac Clough. 

They just can’t help them selves, not so much standing on the shoulders of giants, but walking in their shadows. 

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Cardiff didn't spend loads, Brighton and Huddersfield didn't 

Conversely this years top 6, Wolves, Fulham, Aston Villa, MBoro and Derby all spent big. 

It does seem you can have two approaches to getting out of the league. Spend big and gamble, or hope you have a one off season where everything just comes together, usually with the right managerial appointment. 

I doubt the sign on fee for the two Wunderkind will be anywhere near what is being reported, but it is a huge gamble, I'll acknowledge that (if they do indeed sign on, still sceptical).

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Conversely this years top 6, Wolves, Fulham, Aston Villa, MBoro and Derby all spent big. 

It does seem you can have two approaches to getting out of the league. Spend big and gamble, or hope you have a one off season where everything just comes together, usually with the right managerial appointment. 

I doubt the sign on fee for the two Wunderkind will be anywhere near what is being reported, but it is a huge gamble, I'll acknowledge that (if they do indeed sign on, still sceptical).

I wasn’t aware that we spent big! But that said if the red dogs get in thier young Portuguese kids it will add a bit of excitement for them but for the money being currently mentioned a huge gamble never the less

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I wasn’t aware that we spent big! But that said if the red dogs get in thier young Portuguese kids it will add a bit of excitement for them but for the money being currently mentioned a huge gamble never the less

Me neither but if a red dog says it, it must be true

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

We haven't had a positive net spend for over 2 years. Spending big didn't get you promoted.

16 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We haven't had a positive net spend for over 2 years. Spending big didn't get you promoted.

I'm talking about the last few seasons in general. You spunked a fair bit on the likes of Ince, Butterfield, Johnson, Vydra, Lawrence etc.. Alot of high earners in wages too

6 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I'm talking about the last few seasons in general. You spunked a fair bit on the likes of Ince, Butterfield, Johnson, Vydra, Lawrence etc.. Alot of high earners in wages too

Yep that's our problem at the minute. As far as I'm aware, we aren't in a position where we absolutely must sell people like Vydra to bring in transfer fees, it's the wages that's our problem. This season we'll hopefully get rid of a few of the higher earners who aren't pulling their weight, if we manage to find teams willing to pay and then sign younger players (+ Terry) and make use of the academy. I think most realistic Derby fans would be contempt with just finishing mid table this season as long as it's clear to see the direction Lampard wants to take us. Then next season about half the squad are out of contract so we can properly start fresh then

It's funny though, most of the league look at us as serial bottlers (they may have a point) who have tried to buy our way out of the league and have failed. When in reality, we're probably outside of the top 6 teams in terms of net spend and wages for the past 2 seasons. And even for the £30 million spend season a big chunk of that money was to replace Hughes and Bryson who picked up nasty injuries on the opening day

Come on all, it was inevitable that some money was going to get laundered through forest thrown around. 

Thank god it never comes to fruition but I don’t really understand how forest are always rumoured to be making big moves every transfer window. Kevin McDonald relatively recently, this transfer window with youngsters from Portugal and the Peterborough duo. 

It seems to happen all the time... and from what I can see they seem to financially in one of the worst states in the league...

Must be quite disappointing to be a dirty red dog... every year the optimism and then the utter disappointment. Hope it continues!

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Forest haven't had a positive 20 years. Spending big didn't get them promoted x FTFY

That's unfair. They had our 11 point season and Bobby Zamora at Wembley. Biggest things to happen in Nottingham since Pierre van Honkeytonk called them out as being poo in about 1997.

1 hour ago, needles said:

That's unfair. They had our 11 point season and Bobby Zamora at Wembley. Biggest things to happen in Nottingham since Pierre van Honkeytonk called them out as being poo in about 1997.

I remember that, think the quote was £10,000 a week is ok for a prisoner sewing mail bags but not international footballers.   Both a twit and a dirty bar steward.

30 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Can't argue with Needles...

This season we might both be poo, what will we talk about??

Or we might wind up playing each other at Wembley in May .  We all know it's going to happen sometime.  When it does I'm going to live in a cave and cut myself off from humanity,  it will be more than I could take that one  . Leicester was bad enough and I'm not even bothered about them . Someone come and find me if we win .

1 hour ago, eezzeetiger said:

Can't argue with Needles...

This season we might both be poo, what will we talk about??

Attendances. Who's got the best stadium. Who's got the worst haircuts. How many go away. It's just endless...absolutely endless.

How about...we both give up. Fold both clubs.

Re-open as East Midlands Trams. Pink shirts, grey shorts. Build a super stadium on Bardill's. 60,000 every week. Champions of Europe 2030. Whaddya say? 

Archived