2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

On 30/05/2018 at 20:15, Cam the Ram said:

Signed Dawson (34), to add to their squad that includes Watson (32), Mancienne (30), Guedioura (32), Murphy (35), Fox (32), Ward (32), Henderson (30) and are linked with signing Marney (34) and Grabban (30).

Copycats

Got to say I aint over entusiatic by this signing.

The strategy of investing in younger players on lower wages was given 6 months under MW. That didn't bring us the third start within that half a year. So its back to the tried and tested buying 'Ex Prem 30 something's last payday, always loved Forest' strategy.

De ja vu anyone?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, David said:

Hobbs needs to hobble on to that list as well, will be 30 by time the season starts. 11 players 30+. 

Rumours are Stannah Stairlifts are looking to sponsors their shirts.

Did you know Stannah have developed a new stairlift? It’s so fast it gets you upstairs before you’ve forgotten what you went up for!

4 hours ago, stoners said:

Got to say I aint over entusiatic by this signing.

The strategy of investing in younger players on lower wages was given 6 months under MW. That didn't bring us the third start within that half a year. So its back to the tried and tested buying 'Ex Prem 30 something's last payday, always loved Forest' strategy.

De ja vu anyone?

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so you guys must have been flattered to within an inch of your lives by Rowett on that basis lol

They're supposedly close to signing 2 young lads from Benfica, 1 for over £13 million and the other on loan with a view to a permanent move for over £17 million. Both have plenty of appearances for Benfica B, but have less than 20 appearances combined for their senior team. They could be incredible players, but for half of that £13 million they could bring in Maddison and Marriott who would be much less of a risk

48 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

They're supposedly close to signing 2 young lads from Benfica, 1 for over £13 million and the other on loan with a view to a permanent move for over £17 million. Both have plenty of appearances for Benfica B, but have less than 20 appearances combined for their senior team. They could be incredible players, but for half of that £13 million they could bring in Maddison and Marriott who would be much less of a risk

Just had a look at the lad that is supposedly joining for 13m, and I’m scratching my head as to why? Neves has captained Porto in the CL, but this lad doesn’t seem to have done much 

35 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Just had a look at the lad that is supposedly joining for 13m, and I’m scratching my head as to why? Neves has captained Porto in the CL, but this lad doesn’t seem to have done much 

I think that was a one off performance.

Extremely exciting, but equally terrifying. That being said, seems spending is the best way out of this league judging by the top 6 in the past couple of seasons?

17 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I've only ever seen them play once against England u21s so I can't really comment on how good they are. I've definitely heard their names mentioned as having big futures in recent years, but it's a huge risk. It worked for Wolves signing young Portuguese lads, so it might work for them. The difference is, the group of players Wolves signed had played regular first team football at the likes of Monaco, Porto, Deportivo etc. and the two they're signing have only got 20-30 appearances for senior teams away from Benfica B. Although, I don't really know what the level of competition in Benfica B's league is like, so who knows, it might have done them a world of good playing for them for so long

Just had a quick look on LTLF - they need a bit more pepper with it. ??

the emojis on here tho' haha - who drew them - Helen Keller?

2 hours ago, GadFly said:

Surely they can't afford this?

hope they can . Over 13 million for a striker  who plays for Benfica reserves 16 goals in 86 games . 7 first team games in 4 years .  Turned down by Wolves last year at a much cheaper price .  ffp its coming for you is the mantra they rollout every day .  Time for them to look in the mirror methinks .

Sith Happens
12 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I think that was a one off performance.

Extremely exciting, but equally terrifying. That being said, seems spending is the best way out of this league judging by the top 6 in the past couple of seasons?

Cardiff didn't spend loads, Brighton and Huddersfield didn't 

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

hope they can . Over 13 million for a striker  who plays for Benfica reserves 16 goals in 86 games . 7 first team games in 4 years .  Turned down by Wolves last year at a much cheaper price .  ffp its coming for you is the mantra they rollout every day .  Time for them to look in the mirror methinks .

Here we go again. Man city Midlands part two

Forest always seem to have a knack of going ‘oh, look how that worked for that other team, maybe if we try that, we’ll finally be promoted.’

but they always seem to miss the point entirely. 

- Watford kept sacking their managers, and got promoted, let’s try that. (Missed the point that Watford had good managers)

- Watford got bought by the owner of Udinese and got promoted using their players. (So they got bought by the owner of Olympiakos and expected the same to happen).

- QPR spent loads of money, smashed ffp and got promoted. Let’s try that. (But they spent money on crap players, didn’t get promoted, and ended up with an embargo).

- Man City got bought by an Arab, and won the premier league. Let’s try that. (But Forest though Kuwait and fridges, were the same as Abu Dhabi and oil).

-Derby got Billy Davies and got promoted. Let’s try that, twice. (But forest failed to realise billy is a cnut who got a bit lucky with us).

- Huddersfield got an exotic foreign manager and got promoted. (Huddersfield got Wagner, they got a bloke from the French second division that lasted about 3 weeks).

- Wolves bought / loaned expensive Portuguese wiz kids, we’ll try that now (wolves had a super agent working on their behalf getting the very best players, forest don’t).

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

It worked out so well the last time they signed Pele II - can't even remember his name now he was so successful.....

Perhaps this one will be the new Eusebio.....

Was that Findlay or something like that? All I remember from him is the miss from 2 yards out. 

Archived