2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Dread to think, 40 games in, with those 6, I mean you have to be looking at 120 points minimum. Jack Colback's got to be worth an extra 40 points a season by himself.

Interesting the differences over the last few years how Forest and Derby fans have thought of their teams.

Forest have always banged on about how good their squads have always been whilst rarely getting even close to top 6. At least it has always given them hope they they are close to promotion, if only they could get in a new manager/stop changing managers etc all the time. I was worried they may have found an answer with Karanka so glad to see them screw that up.

I haven't read too much on here over the recent years that our squad is great and should be getting promoted easily. If anything, we often are hypercritical of certain, players as if it's all their fault. In reality, we have had a top 6 squad for  while now, and our issues seem to be more mental, with both the players and the fans. Maybe we need to be more Forest and arrive at games believing our squad to be superb #bemoreforest

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Interesting the differences over the last few years how Forest and Derby fans have thought of their teams.

Forest have always banged on about how good their squads have always been whilst rarely getting even close to top 6. At least it has always given them hope they they are close to promotion, if only they could get in a new manager/stop changing managers etc all the time. I was worried they may have found an answer with Karanka so glad to see them screw that up.

I haven't read too much on here over the recent years that our squad is great and should be getting promoted easily. If anything, we often are hypercritical of certain, players as if it's all their fault. In reality, we have had a top 6 squad for  while now, and our issues seem to be more mental, with both the players and the fans. Maybe we need to be more Forest and arrive at games believing our squad to be superb #bemoreforest

About right, whilst I mocked the tweet above it's nice to see fans get behind their players and have some believe in them.

Over here the average at best, not good enough posts are trotted out on a daily basis, any win is us punching above our weight. 

I'm reluctant to say we should be more like Forest, but I do like this tiny bit about them.

48 minutes ago, David said:

About right, whilst I mocked the tweet above it's nice to see fans get behind their players and have some believe in them.

Over here the average at best, not good enough posts are trotted out on a daily basis, any win is us punching above our weight. 

I'm reluctant to say we should be more like Forest, but I do like this tiny bit about them.

Skimming over LTLF forum at least they have accepted that they will in no way be making the Top 6 this year so they can't all be that deluded 

4 hours ago, Zag zig said:

As you’re being so honest, can I ask did you really expect anything different given how he previously set up at the ROI?

Know he’s one of your legends and you all probably have a soft spot for Keane, but I expected this pairing to be Pulisesque and it’s looking that way without ever being as defensively organised. 

No I didn’t want either of them. MON 15 years ago yes but wasn’t happy about his appointment. Had echoes of SP all over again. 

@stonersI'm a little bit upset that you didn't get MON last season. Just imagine it, Gary Rowett's Derby going up against MON's Forest .... it would be glorious. We'd be heading into the game leaving our best player, Vydra, on the bench in favour of Jerome and you'd be doing the same for whoever your best attacking player was last season with Murphy preferred to him. The average age of players in the game between us would be 32+ and we'd both somehow end up with 40% possession

I'd agree with what stoners has already put.. Love you Martin, but not nearly good enough or playing with a style that's acceptable.

Wouldn't trust the current setup to sort my weekly big shop, let alone our summer transfer budget. 

You just watch him sell Carvalho for McLean and a few Irish cloggers.. 

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

You just watch him sell Carvalho for McLean and a few Irish cloggers.. 

You think he'll get chance to? Your owner wants promotion, failure to make the play offs wouldn't be surprised to see his P45 printed off shortly after the final game.

"We would like to go on record to thank Martin for his efforts...."

30 minutes ago, David said:

You think he'll get chance to? Your owner wants promotion, failure to make the play offs wouldn't be surprised to see his P45 printed off shortly after the final game.

"We would like to go on record to thank Martin for his efforts...."

I very much doubt it. And to be honest I'd be fairly happy if he is let go after the season. 

Only given an 18 month contract.. It was obvious - deliver this season promotion or go. 

1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

I very much doubt it. And to be honest I'd be fairly happy if he is let go after the season. 

Only given an 18 month contract.. It was obvious - deliver this season promotion or go. 

Who do you want next, Jokanovic at a guess?

9 hours ago, stoners said:

No I didn’t want either of them. MON 15 years ago yes but wasn’t happy about his appointment. Had echoes of SP all over again. 

Fair play, 15 years ago yeah I’d have said would have suited.

Expect Pullis could be free come the summer mind.?

On 03/04/2019 at 11:34, stoners said:

so just to clarify dcfc don't own the stadium

Mad mel does?

On 03/04/2019 at 12:01, stoners said:

so another company (owned by mad mel) owns the stadium?

On 03/04/2019 at 12:44, stoners said:

What I take from it then you no longer own your stadium. 

Blimey. Not a lot gets past you, does it mate? 

Archived