2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Yes, in short: the stadium was valued as an asset at £41m on the clubs books. Mel brought in someone to independently value the stadium again, no doubt with the EFL's approval as you can't pay over market price as stipulated by the rules, and it was valued at £80m. 

He bought the stadium at market value through another one of his companies - £80m - which allowed us, the club, to show a profit of £39m. The difference between the original asset value and the purchased price. He will no doubt be leasing the stadium back to the club for a minimal cost. 

As mentioned, we would have made a loss of £24.4m without this transaction which would have undoubtedly put us closer, although not necessarily IN, as I understand, FFP (P&S) terrority. EDIT: it most certainly would have, going on face value: 2016 - 14.7m loss, 2017 - 7.9m loss & 2018 - 24.4m loss (£47m loss over three years). However, with the new figures, we have made an £8m loss over the three years. 

I may be wide off the mark, but...

In 15/16, the £14.7m loss equated to a £9m FFP loss (a difference of £5.7m).

I can't find FFP figures for 16/17 but assuming the £5.7m figure from 2017 relates to academy costs, then our FFP loss in 2018 would be about £2.2m.

Applying the same logic to 17/18, we would have a FFP loss of £18.7m

Taking our 3 year FFP / P&S roughly to the £30m mark

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

There are some unanswered questions as to how the 24.4m loss arose as the various snippets of available information don't seem to add up to this number - most of us were parroting the club who had repeatedly stated that although it might be close, there were no undue FFP concerns. Of course, none of us really know for absolute sure, so there is a healthy dollop of speculation. But we can be sure that IF we don't mend our spending ways, then we WILL have a problem in the future as we now have one less significant asset available to the club. 

16/17 loss was £7.9m. The difference in profit on players was £12.5m (£16.2m - £3.7m). Wages rose by £5.9m. Turnover also increased by £600k.

That takes us to £25.7m so not too far off the £24.4m stated.

20 hours ago, stoners said:

What I take from it then you no longer own your stadium. I was right all along. Welcome t the club

Why did he sell the club when apparently listening to you lot all season you wernt in any problems concerning FFP.

Any concerns when Mad Mel sells the club and leases the stadium back to you at a redicularse price

You’re absolutely right Stoners.

No matter how we try and dress it up, the fact is that the owner of Derby County Football Club owns Pride Park Stadium.

2 minutes ago, stoners said:

3million a month? Hahahaha

I think you guys are in much more trouble than us.  You desperately need promotion otherwise we will be waving goodbye to you.  I am in a minority and I would find that sad but I suggest you wind in your neck because you have nothing to crow about

7 minutes ago, stoners said:

3million a month? Hahahaha

Pot calling the kettle black much. We may have pushed the limits a tad, but nothing more than we could handle if this was always up our sleeve. You guys have spent and spent for years, and what do you have to show for it? One embargo and absolutely zero progress. 

This is like if we played in red (which, thank god, we don’t), and you trying to score points by saying ‘ha ha, you okay in red, that’s a poo colour.’

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:08, David said:

"Mad Mel" from fans of a club that has Evangelos Marinakis after replacing Fawaz, I mean if there's one club that shouldn't be slinging around the "mad" owner line it's Forest.

They've got a new ground being made from reconstituted Greek shipping containers coming soon .  cheaper than paying landfill taxes.

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They've got a new ground being made from reconstituted Greek shipping containers coming soon .  cheaper than paying landfill taxes.

I always felt that they'd end up in a meadow lane groundshare, but recycled iso containers is probably a fitting new ground for forest. They'd probably be able to get them pre-faded pink in keeping with the clubs image.

Jesus some sensitive people on here isn’t there 

for years you’ve, rightly imo, took the piss out of our finances and how we were run under fatwaz. And the fact that we don’t own our stadium. 

Well we are both in the same boat now. Thought this would bind us together not drive us further apart

2 hours ago, stoners said:

Jesus some sensitive people on here isn’t there 

for years you’ve, rightly imo, took the piss out of our finances and how we were run under fatwaz. And the fact that we don’t own our stadium. 

Well we are both in the same boat now. Thought this would bind us together not drive us further apart

Slightly different kind of boat though.

You still live in a council house and the council can only afford to update the kitchen units every 25 years, we are in a privately rented house and the owner is a family member who looks after his investment and loves the tennants.

Archived