2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

This is where forest fans short term memory loss kicks in and they conveniently forget making fun of us for our dads army signings.

Just like they conveniently forget the season extends beyond September.

Don’t worry though they have 2 gold stars on their shirts to remember anything 40 years ago.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Topram said:

Alan Hutton now signing for them! Thought we signed all the old players?

Best fullback in the division. I’d have him here in a heartbeat, thats an immense signing for them.

Cant take the piss out our old squad now though, but in this case in the short term it’s worth it for a player as reliable as him.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Best fullback in the division. I’d have him here in a heartbeat, thats an immense signing for them.

Cant take the piss out our old squad now though, but in this case in the short term it’s worth it for a player as reliable as him.

Give over ?

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Give over ?

Seriously underrrated mate, I’m in for a good forest pisstaking but he turned the game when he came on for them when we played them away. Their left back (Taylor?) was getting torn a new one by Lawrence but when he came on he had him in his back pocket. Mind he’s reliant on pace so if they give him a 4 year contract or something (which they did with Murphy if I remember rightly) then they’ll be in the poo. Short term that’s a great signing though, this year at least.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Seriously underrrated mate, I’m in for a good forest pisstaking but he turned the game when he came on for them when we played them away. Their left back (Taylor?) was getting torn a new one by Lawrence but when he came on he had him in his back pocket. Mind he’s reliant on pace so if they give him a 4 year contract or something (which they did with Murphy if I remember rightly) then they’ll be in the poo. Short term that’s a great signing though, this year at least.

I agree he's a good fullback at this level, but really can't agree with him being the best in the league. He had to play out on the left because he couldn't displace a winger turned full back in Elmohamady in his preferred right back spot. I'd certainly prefer to have the likes Friend, Cunningham, Fisher, Stevens, Bryan and even Wisdom over Hutton, but he's certainly a lot better than any of our left backs

I think I read it's a 2 year deal and saw some Villa fans saying he was on 25k a week. Bruce wanted him to sign a new deal but the owners would only do it if they were promoted, so I'm not sure whether Forest will have got him on lower wages than that or not, but it really is similar to what we did last season. Sign experienced players for cheap transfer fees/free but on fairly high wages

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

2 year contract they're offering him. Would be a decent signing.

Not sure we can knock them too hard for signing a bunch of 30+ players when we did the same last season with Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley and Jerome. 

Hutton's looked decent for Villa this season and I'd personally rather have him over Lichaj. Dawson though...

37 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure we can knock them too hard for signing a bunch of 30+ players when we did the same last season with Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley and Jerome. 

Hutton's looked decent for Villa this season and I'd personally rather have him over Lichaj. Dawson though...

Dare I point out without upsetting you further tonight that Forest were mocking our average age all season, then they go and Dawson and Hutton it raising their average age to just under 84 years old now.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Dare I point out without upsetting you further tonight that Forest were mocking our average age all season, then they go and Dawson and Hutton it raising their average age to just under 84 years old now.

Oh don't worry, the sweet irony of it all isn't lost on me.

Will be made all the more sweeter if we go and invest in some young promising talent this summer too!

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'd originally saw that the fee first mentioned was exaggerated quite a bit and it turns out it wasn't. They're certainly backing Karanka this season then

We take the mick, but really they are getting what looks to be the blend that we were missing / craving last season.

Youth and experience. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

We take the mick, but really they are getting what looks to be the blend that we were missing / craving last season.

Youth and experience. 

Pre season training has started well

FD226C7B-6F3F-4FBC-BDA0-E456A7CA5953.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

Youth and experience. 

It's quite a big gamble, but if it works out could be an incredible piece of business. We saw what happened with Neves last season, he was signed for a huge fee, was a standout performer and is now probably worth 3 or 4 times what Wolves paid for him. The difference here though is that Carvalho and Goncalves have absolutely nowhere near the top level experience any of Wolves' signings had before joining

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's quite a big gamble, but if it works out could be an incredible piece of business. We saw what happened with Neves last season, he was signed for a huge fee, was a standout performer and is now probably worth 3 or 4 times what Wolves paid for him. The difference here though is that Carvalho and Goncalves have absolutely nowhere near the top level experience any of Wolves' signings had before joining

Why haven’t Wolves gone for these? Same agent.

Archived