Duane Holmes - Signed on a 3 year deal

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Well then, wasn’t expecting this deal. Still don’t see where he fits in myself so not particularly convinced as would rather have spent some money in centre mid... but we’ll see I guess, it’s hard to tell how a player will do until he arrives

I think he will ultimately be used as a centre mid, he has played there a fair bit as well as wide right.

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, Bosshogg said:

This is an exciting signing. Made a habit of ripping teams apart particularly last season. My mate is a season ticket holder and thinks he’s the real deal. Nice end to the most exciting transfer window I can remember. ????

So he is a right midfielder? Mount seemed to be playing on the left against reading. Room for them both? We do seem to have options now. 

9 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Where does he actually play?

He can play wide but played as a number 10 behind a striker according to my mate who’s a big Scunny supporter.  Probably can play in one of the attacking midfield roles 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

So he is a right midfielder? Mount seemed to be playing on the left against reading. Room for them both? We do seem to have options now. 

Yeah he can play out wide or in the middle. Certainly gives us a quality option anyway. 

1 hour ago, Bosshogg said:

This is an exciting signing. Made a habit of ripping teams apart particularly last season. My mate is a season ticket holder and thinks he’s the real deal. Nice end to the most exciting transfer window I can remember. ????

An Ollie Watkins type signing I hope.

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Where does he actually play?

Central midfield (mainly in the second half of last season; occasionally before)

Right wing (occasionally in the second half of last season; mainly before)

I've seen this player described as better as an attacking midfielder, despite him being more known for being a winger.

Could it be that we view him as a Jesse Lingard or Alex Oxlade Chamberlain type player whereby when they were younger, they were more known to be natural widemen but they have now been moved to central midfield because their speed and dribbling is so good?

We have more than enough widemen whereas the attacking midfield position is where we have the least depth. If we view Holmes as a midfielder then at least we'd have more depth there with Bryson, Mount, Johnson and Holmes as the advanced midfielders in the squad.

Does anybody on this forum know what his workrate is like on the pitch because that would give us a better idea whether he is suitable as a central midfielder?

Archived