Duane Holmes - Signed on a 3 year deal

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Does anybody on this forum know what his workrate is like on the pitch because that would give us a better idea whether he is suitable as a central midfielder?

My only recollection of seeing him play was when he came on as sub for huddersfield away on boxing day 2013.  it was the away draw when schteve was manager and we were going for the record number of consecutive wins.

he immediately sparked them into life, and was dangerous. He ran at us and caused a few nervous moments. He was busy. Not a luxury player. I waited for him to emerge but for some reason it didn't happen for him. 

I was initially puzzled by the signing, but we have to think of the medium term when mount and wilson have returned to their parent clubs. 

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

My only recollection of seeing him play was when he came on as sub for huddersfield away on boxing day 2013.  it was the away draw when schteve was manager and we were going for the record number of consecutive wins.

he immediately sparked them into life, and was dangerous. He ran at us and caused a few nervous moments. He was busy. Not a luxury player. I waited for him to emerge but for some reason it didn't happen for him. 

I was initially puzzled by the signing, but we have to think of the medium term when mount and wilson have returned to their parent clubs. 

Exactly that

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I remember the game aswell, He played really well and thought he was there prodigy like Hughes here (obvs not as good) and as you said he just dropped off.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Asked a Scunthorpe fan where he plays, response, definitely a winger, can play in the middle behind a lone striker, but is a lot better on the wing....

Frank has spoken about versatility and how games can change. 4-3-3 will be our most used formation but the team needs to be able to play with 2 up top, 5 in middle etc. 

1 minute ago, Edtheram said:

I remember the game aswell, He played really well and thought he was there prodigy like Hughes here (obvs not as good) and as you said he just dropped off.

Frank has spoken about versatility and how games can change. 4-3-3 will be our most used formation but the team needs to be able to play with 2 up top, 5 in middle etc. 

Absolutely, I don’t imagine Frank to wait for a long poor run of form to change something either.... 

if we set up 4231 if you had Lawrence, Wilson, Holmes in the 3 they could all interchange throughout the game, which is what you want.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Asked a Scunthorpe fan where he plays, response, definitely a winger, can play in the middle behind a lone striker, but is a lot better on the wing....

Seen Scunthorpe fans on twitter say the opposite. Bloody football fans.

Archived