Duane Holmes - Signed on a 3 year deal

Animal is a Ram

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I thought he was more of a winger? 

RM/CM/AMRC according to trasnfermarkt. Watching brief bits of footage (since we've been linked), I don't think he's suited to being a winger at this level. Seems to have more of the attributed of a Bryson esq. role.

@Rampage if this signing goes through, and we sign Engels, we've officially bought a full 4-3-3 outfield team.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaintRam said:

RM/CM/AMRC according to trasnfermarkt. Watching brief bits of footage (since we've been linked), I don't think he's suited to being a winger at this level. Seems to have more of the attributed of a Bryson esq. role.

Played last season as a right winger with the occasional appearance in the number 10 role. At 5ft4 he could end up getting bullied in centre mid ?

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Played last season as a right winger with the occasional appearance in the number 10 role. At 5ft4 he could end up getting bullied in centre mid ?

I'm sure he'll be fine. Bryson's not much bigger ? 

I'm biasing my prediction based on the fact that I don't think Lampard will feel we have a winger requirement, whereas we are a little short in central midfield - especially if the much rumored incoming offers are for some of our central midfielders. 

Could just be seeing him as a project though. Rather than a matchday squad improvement.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

@Rampage if this signing goes through, and we sign Engels, we've officially bought a full 4-3-3 outfield team.

Point taken, SaintRam. Bring it on. 

So we have 3(4-3-3) available

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm sure he'll be fine. Bryson's not much bigger ? 

I'm biasing my prediction based on the fact that I don't think Lampard will feel we have a winger requirement, whereas we are a little short in central midfield - especially if the much rumored incoming offers are for some of our central midfielders. 

Could just be seeing him as a project though. Rather than a matchday squad improvement.

Being 5 ft 4ins he’ll fit in well then

6 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Scratching my head. Have we suddenly gone Real Madrid and allowed to field a B side in some league?

Great he’s signed, presumably as back up but who’s going to give up their changing room locker.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Scratching my head. Have we suddenly gone Real Madrid and allowed to field a B side in some league?

Great he’s signed, presumably as back up but who’s going to give up their changing room locker.

Moor farm has a LOT of lockers.

Luckily, we only have to take 20 players to games, so all the deadwood can go into the stands. 

Basically this has all been a tactic to give away more tickets.

Archived