Cameron Jerome - Signed for Göztepe

RiddingsRam

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did well for us at the end of last season, but yeah, move on - with the recruits this summer, he ain't going to be getting game time, and at this point in his career he needs to be playing, not sitting on the bench or in the stands.

Big bold fast strong .. like him, just as I like Martin; clever, deft, subtle, a goal scorer. Both could still score goals for Derby.

Yet I just think we are on the cusp of a change of style, era, and emphasis. We need to move forward to those who will be the next group of local heroes.

On 13/06/2018 at 05:26, Oldben said:

Cameron not a player id fear if i were another championship side.

Getting slower and long over rated.

Id accept any offer to off load him but then aside from vydra id say theres no derby striker at present that i rate as good enough.

For me a striker playing at derby needs to score at least 15 goals in a season. Cameron is never doing that ...

Sell him quick.

Slow? He's lightening fast!

Big, powerful and good in the air. 

Quick for a big man but not tricky or nippy over a short distance.

He lacks finesse and isn't the best at bringing others into the game and is best suited by a team with a direct style. 

He would be an option but you have to ask how many different options a club can accommodate. 

33 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Big, powerful and good in the air. 

Quick for a big man but not tricky or nippy over a short distance.

He lacks finesse and isn't the best at bringing others into the game and is best suited by a team with a direct style. 

He would be an option but you have to ask how many different options a club can accommodate. 

With approximately 127 first team players, we must have more back up plans than letters of the alphabet to name them by 

On 31/07/2018 at 10:33, jono said:

Big bold fast strong .. like him, just as I like Martin; clever, deft, subtle, a goal scorer. Both could still score goals for Derby.

Yet I just think we are on the cusp of a change of style, era, and emphasis. We need to move forward to those who will be the next group of local heroes.

Completely agree... the kings are dead, long live the kings. 

I was up for getting rid of Nuge Martin and Vydra and keeping Cam but with Nuge’s form in preseason he’s won me over, unfortunately Cam may need to make way as a result. Shame as on balance, he’s done well for us in the short time he’s been here, did it when it mattered in the big games and showed how lethal he can be.

I have watched the Southampton and Wolves games more than once. I am at a loss which tactics would work best against us but my best guess is simply to park the bus. Is what I think. 

A team with at least eight very good players could give us a game of football but no substitute for lethal finishing. 

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I have watched the Southampton and Wolves games more than once. I am at a loss which tactics would work best against us but my best guess is simply to park the bus. Is what I think. 

A team with at least eight very good players could give us a game of football but no substitute for lethal finishing. 

I fear Friday will see Reading with 11 men behind the ball and it will be a case of seeing if we can break them down.

I feel sorry for the Derby fans expecting us to batter them as I can't see that happening.

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I fear Friday will see Reading with 11 men behind the ball and it will be a case of seeing if we can break them down.

I feel sorry for the Derby fans expecting us to batter them as I can't see that happening.

It’s an adventurous manager who parks the bus at home on the first game of the season. Oh wait....

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If they try to give us a game, they will ship about 3 goals. 

Jerome proved a lot of us wrong last year. He took time to get going with us because he was unfit and not as sharp due to being on the bench at Norwich. I would be more than happy to keep him here if it wasn't for having 100 strikers in the squad already. If a team comes in where we can reccoup some money then we will probably accept it. But for those 'slow' comments...you guys must have not gone to the games last year. 

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

Gotta laugh at the 'CamJam' isn't quick comments. The lad's jet propelled! Folk just make stuff up to suit their arguments, I reckon. There are sensible reasons to think he might not be needed but pace ain't one of them.

So true. Alan Wells won the gold in 100m in his late 20’s and set UK records when he was 32/33 ... if you are genetically lucky and work at it you can play top level until late 30’s 

cam jam is a great athlete even if his footy is a bit route 1 at times. 

44 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If they do this then I am not scared one bit We have the speed and creative talent to beat that tactic. My fear is they go for it, get an early goal and we freeze. 

Oh I so want a rip roaring start but jeeps i feel twitchy. We can do it easily, I know we can, but you just have that nagging little voice making you fret ???

Archived