Cameron Jerome - Signed for Göztepe

RiddingsRam

2 hours ago, cannable said:

I don’t think Huddlestone was particularly brilliant last season… mainly because the only player we have who spins in behind is Weimann but none-the-less…

1 minute ago, RodleyRam said:

He's on a fairly long list of older players we should be looking to offload if we can. Works hard, scored some goals in a purple patch but if we are to get back to playing football on the deck, I don't think he's got the game for it to be honest. If someone is offering money we should take it because next year he'll be worth nowt.

For me, I'd only be looking to keep Carson, Davies and Keogh. We have some quality players but it's such a mismatch everyone else is available for transfer subject to the style of play and formation we play. No point keeping too many players that don't fit with our preferred playing style.

Careful. You can't say anything bad about Huddlestone ?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we sell Vydra and sell Jerome less than 6 months for less than we paid.

Then what? Bet half a Vydra sale would go towards balancing the books and the 500k from Jerome might buy a shelf for the megastore.

Sod all about at affordable prices. Loans work once in a blue moon

I don't mind if he stays or goes. 

If he stays and we can get 10-15 games of good form out of him then he'll make a decent rotation option. 

If he goes we get a fair whack of wages off the books and a bit of money in. 

I wonder how much those end of season goals/performances were worth that helped ease us into the playoffs? 

9 hours ago, Carnero said:

Not sure we'll get our money I'm afraid, think we'll have to accept £750,000 maybe £1m max as we need some players off the payroll.

If we could get that figure I’d take it because he’s also on a fair whack wages wise.

He converted me to appreciate him more with his efforts at the end of the season, without him I doubt we would have goy over the line. So he paid his wages and if we got near a £1m I’d say the remainder of his fee. It seems to good to be true, but I’d get the cost off the books and go with a younger version of whatever Frank requires.

Cameron not a player id fear if i were another championship side.

Getting slower and long over rated.

Id accept any offer to off load him but then aside from vydra id say theres no derby striker at present that i rate as good enough.

For me a striker playing at derby needs to score at least 15 goals in a season. Cameron is never doing that ...

Sell him quick.

I disagree. When he arrived he wasn’t match fit, however there was enough about him towards the end of the season, where he was fitter and played to his strengths where he tore the likes of Cardiff and Barnsley apart.

If we play to his strengths (eg turning defences and running, rather than expecting him to hold the ball up) then he’s an asset at this level.

He’s not the first player I’d happily get shot of, but it all depends on what style we’re looking to play.

7 hours ago, Oldben said:

Getting slower and long over rated.

I'd not be sad to see him, leave BUT he's not slow - Did you see the goal against Barnsley? 

Plenty of sprinters go on into their 30s and I definitely don;'t think he's slow

Can't pass though...

6 hours ago, maydrakin said:

If we play to his strengths (eg turning defences and running, rather than expecting him to hold the ball up) then he’s an asset at this level.

But he's 31 - We need to be building for the future - He was a decent enough gamble as a player to add something to 'get us over the line' last season - But turned out to not be fit enough to help early enough

We need to be building now - Basing our signings on the next 2-3 years and thinking about what our forward line looks like in 2 years time not next year

8 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I'd not be sad to see him, leave BUT he's not slow - Did you see the goal against Barnsley? 

Plenty of sprinters go on into their 30s and I definitely don;'t think he's slow

Can't pass though...

But he's 31 - We need to be building for the future - He was a decent enough gamble as a player to add something to 'get us over the line' last season - But turned out to not be fit enough to help early enough

We need to be building now - Basing our signings on the next 2-3 years and thinking about what our forward line looks like in 2 years time not next year

I mean we do still need a competent forward line next year...

• 1 month later...

Archived