Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

"Dear God, please, please, PLEASE don't let Stoke go up. Forest, Leeds, fine, if you must, but please not Sjoke.

Ps. As well as not letting them go up, if you could see your way to relegating them........

Many thanks"

Who are you quoting there? 

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

"Dear God, please, please, PLEASE don't let Stoke go up. Forest, Leeds, fine, if you must, but please not Sjoke.

Ps. As well as not letting them go up, if you could see your way to relegating them........

Many thanks"

Id settle for rowett hounded out after an unsuccessful pplay off but fans too grumpy about style of play. Fans who love tony pulis.

Stoke boss Gary Rowett is confident Jack Butland will stay and believes he can still fulfil his England ambitions at the club.

The Potters are yet to receive a serious offer for the 25-year-old after relegation from the Premier League last season.

Rowett said: "I expect him to stay, I hope he stays. I'm also pragmatic enough to know it's football and anything can happen in the last few days of the window.

"I imagine he would be the type of player who some teams would covet. I'm a realist but I hope he's still here.

"I can only react and answer what's in front of me. The answer is we haven't had an offer which the club feel is financially viable - or I don't think any strong offer yet.

"Jack has never made any real moves to want to leave and he's contracted to us and we're not even a week away from the first game."

Rowett only knows how to play one way. The trouble is, when you are the favourites, that way is the wrong way. 

Rowett showed that when we played Sunderland and Burton last season. You can't sit back against bottom 3 sides. 

I predict pretty much the same as our season last year... We did well against top 6 sides... But blew it against the bottom 6.

Playoffs at best for Stoke. 

Butland has said he only wants to join a top Premier League club apparently, if an offer doesn't come in he's happy to stay at Stoke. Fair play to him to be honest, you could argue it will damage his England chances but after Pickford's World Cup performances that shirt has been spoken for. 

Some players would have kicked up a fuss, Premier League or nothing, but seems to have his head screwed on and it's hard to see where that offer will come from now.

United, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs are covered, Arsenal and Liverpool have just bought keepers. 

That season out injured really came at a bad time, decent season in 16/17 and he could have found himself at a top club last season which could have seen him ahead of Pickford at the World Cup. Not always how you play, it's who you play for.

Only a year between the two, but he's now no longer the next big thing. Liverpool were linked with him wasn't they before he was injured? Now they go and blow daft money on a Brazilian. 

Maybe if Pickford goes to Chelsea, Butland would be the natural replacement over at Everton, would they be considered a big club to leave Stoke, probably.

Butland would be much better off moving on. Butland looks good when he's got shots being panned at him left, right & centre. he makes good saves. I think his distribution is also very good, so that's highlighted in the big league. He still conceded the most goals in the Premier League last season. 

When Butland was down here last time, we were scrambling to get Lee Grant back. Not to say he didn't do a job for us, but to look good in the Premier League & to look good in the Championship are two different things. Keepers tend to find it much harder. 

Carson got more clean sheets last season than Butland has had in 81 Championship appearances, for example. If I was him, I'd get a move ASAP otherwise he'll only find his reputation in tatters if he performs anything less than magic. 

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Personally didn't rate Butland at all when we had him.

No he was poor when we had him. Wasn't he just coming back from injury himself?

Remember the Wigan game in particular where he made 2 saves and pushed them to the penalty spot

Archived