Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Rammers, I am attending the Reading game with a Derby County acquaintance and would like to know if any of the experts on here will have the time to meet up to discuss why there is still so much interest in Stoke City since they clearly did Derby County a favour in getting rid of Rowett.

Are you still missing Rowett? What's the fascination? Talk to me... 

3 minutes ago, DenmarkRam said:

The ghost of Rowett

Ince does not sound like the biggest Rowett ?

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-nathan-jones-ince-2423659

Translation, its going to take three or four weeks for Jones to get rid of the positive vibe and really get with the misery culture of the club, the players did their best today to show him what Stoke are about but still messed up be going up the pitch to far.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Translation, its going to take three or four weeks for Jones to get rid of the positive vibe and really get with the misery culture of the club, the players did their best today to show him what Stoke are about but still messed up be going up the pitch to far.

That makes no sense. Is this a Derby thing? Positive vibes, there?

20 minutes ago, PolPotter said:

Is that all? What is the rest?

I never really paid any attention to stoke. Rowett kind of put stoke on the map for me. Now I’ve realised I actually live closer to stoke than Nottingham, and drive through it quite often. So I make keep a cursory eye on stoke results and chuckle at the demise from time to time now, even without the Rowett factor, but the obsession will probably pass eventually.

there are 3 categories of clubs. A) clubs I enjoy seeing fail. B) clubs that aren’t even on my radar. C) clubs who I have a soft spot for. Most clubs are in category b. Stoke used to be in category b, but now you’re in a.

To be fair, you had Rowett pegged a lot earlier than we did though, so stoke fans are generally probably smarter than I give them credit for. Still not enough to move you out of category A for now though. 

4 minutes ago, PolPotter said:

That doesn't mean to say Rowett said don't be brave and take risks. Attitude, DenmarkRam. Attitude.

Sorry Mr Rowett. Now stop drinking and writing on the Derby County fan forum. Enjoy your Stoke pay off, Read your pol pot book and invite Bojan and Ince out for a coffee tomorrow . Maybe a nice greek man will call you tomorrow and invite you to the city of Robin Hood for a job interview... Now GO To Bed... You are drunk and lost... 

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I never really paid any attention to stoke. Rowett kind of put stoke on the map for me. Now I’ve realised I actually live closer to stoke than Nottingham, and drive through it quite often. So I make keep a cursory eye on stoke results and chuckle at the demise from time to time now, even without the Rowett factor, but the obsession will probably pass eventually.

there are 3 categories of clubs. A) clubs I enjoy seeing fail. B) clubs that aren’t even on my radar. C) clubs who I have a soft spot for. Most clubs are in category b. Stoke used to be in category b, but now you’re in a.

To be fair, you had Rowett pegged a lot earlier than we did though, so stoke fans are generally probably smarter than I give them credit for. Still not enough to move you out of category A for now though. 

How other clubs fair doesn't bother me. I see it as a weakness of someone who does drift between A, B and C.  Option C is someone easily lead, naive and blinded by hate etc. Also, it wasn't the supporters who sacked Rowett. The board who sacked Rowett also sacked Pulis. about 2 years after supporters were committing suicide on the A500 following games Stoke had even won. Supporters are lumbered with whoever the board appoint. If you think differently then please let me know an example when general supporters have appointed a manager?

1 minute ago, DenmarkRam said:

Sorry Mr Rowett. Now stop drinking and writing on the Derby County fan forum. Enjoy your Stoke pay off, Read your pol pot book and invite Bojan and Ince out for a coffee tomorrow . Maybe a nice greek man will call you tomorrow and invite you to the city of Robin Hood for a job interview... Now GO To Bed... You are drunk and lost... 

I'm not Rowett, you dipstick. Everyone knows Rowett is busy on a Maldives island spending Bet365 money. 

18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I could break the joke down for you, and explain the difference between there, their and they're but it'd be like trying to be a flair player at Stoke City.

I'll stick with 'there'. There, there...(sweet child)

Stoke are not dissimilar to derby in that they probably had their best team in living memory in the 70s.

tony waddington built a decent team - jimmy greenhoff, alan hudson, terry conroy, mike pejic, dennis smith, peter shilton. A couple of those might even have ended up playing for us. But they went into a decline and became quite crap for ages. Eventually pulis got them promoted but they never did anything of any note in the prem. If i was asked to name a best 11 from the last 30 years i might even be struggling to name 11 memorable players. Our focus seems to be towards nottingham and given the close proximity it is strange that there hasn't been more interest, interaction or rivalry. 

But thats just how it is. 

I think they might have won a league cup somewhere along the way. 

Archived