Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an industry football always appears to me, as an interested outsider, to be amongst the most hypocritical of all - participants from Chairman to players loved then hated, and vice versa; humans traded in ways that would have been appropriate 100's of years ago; cheating, lying, fraudulent behaviour (or allegations thereof); racism, sexism, ageism and probably lots of other isms, never mind the abuse of youngsters, of their bodies and dreams, and all wrapped up in the idea of a football 'family' that purports to care for those same people whilst dripping in televisual gold. And yet I still go, still get an excitement and enjoyment that I don't get elsewhere in the same way from anything else or any other sport.

There have been very few Rams managers amongst the very many I have seen whose subsequent failings have given me even the slightest bit of pleasure.  I don't like seeing people under that sort of pressure knowing they have families and friends and their own mental wellbeing to consider, that however much money they earn it won't make up for the impact and the damage to their pride.  But for Messrs Docherty, Davies and now Rowett, and for slightly different reasons for each, I make an exception.

11 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

As an industry football always appears to me, as an interested outsider, to be amongst the most hypocritical of all - participants from Chairman to players loved then hated, and vice versa; humans traded in ways that would have been appropriate 100's of years ago; cheating, lying, fraudulent behaviour (or allegations thereof); racism, sexism, ageism and probably lots of other isms, never mind the abuse of youngsters, of their bodies and dreams, and all wrapped up in the idea of a football 'family' that purports to care for those same people whilst dripping in televisual gold. And yet I still go, still get an excitement and enjoyment that I don't get elsewhere in the same way from anything else or any other sport.

There have been very few Rams managers amongst the very many I have seen whose subsequent failings have given me even the slightest bit of pleasure.  I don't like seeing people under that sort of pressure knowing they have families and friends and their own mental wellbeing to consider, that however much money they earn it won't make up for the impact and the damage to their pride.  But for Messrs Docherty, Davies and now Rowett, and for slightly different reasons for each, I make an exception.

Agreed on all of the above, but I’d add Pearson to the list

The Stoke fans have been so vociferous in their condemnation of Rowett and his style of play (bit ironic coming from them) that surely it's only a question of time before he gets the bullet. The fact that it's now become much more than just a local issue and given the fundamental problems their campaign has been based on, I can't see him getting another job at this level.

Shame!

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

No, let it be drawn out to its most painful conclusion.

Serious question - isn't that happening already, he's getting dogs abuse on the Stoke forum and even the Daily Mirror are quoting terrace chants against him as part of their match report headlines.

Just now, Inglorius said:

Not sure what Coates is waiting for then if that's the case?

It seems he lost a lot of face sacking Hughes without having a replacement lined up. Maybe doesn't want to be seen to be making the same mistake... if it's true. 

33 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Some seem to think that there's a probation clause in his contract; not in the top six by halfway through the season, dismissed without compensation. 

Would seem odd to have that clause and also let him spend £30m and bring in a shed load of coaches. But then, paying off managers has cost Mel a Bob or two, so perhaps.

22 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Some seem to think that there's a probation clause in his contract; not in the top six by halfway through the season, dismissed without compensation. 

Really can’t see rowett agreeing to that clause  having just negotiated a new contract with derby , I would be stunned if it turned out rowett has put himself in a position to be out of pocket after half a season with stoke ,, no way ,just daft rumours,

i for one am glad it’s gone tits up for him at stoke , I bought into his dream job local ex player ******** which in my view was a bit beyond the usual badge kissing that we see and ignore ,

if that is not classy then I will live with it as it’s only football ,,he’s not going to be rocking up at the social for an emergency loan and beyond how he does in the stoke job I will have next to no interest in how he does in future ,,, ditched his dream job,moved for more money and his perceived easy route to the prem , ducked up , sacked,,,,, job done ,move on

28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Brilliant, sack one archaic manager and get in an even bigger dinosaur. Not that I’d expect any less of stoke tbf, most boring football club in existence.

Everything about Stoke is tin pot and its the biggest Shithole city ive ever been to , i hope they dont bullet him yet, let it get a bit worse for him first . This is all payback for forcing Hughsey out of Derby for which he will never be forgiven .

Apparently the stoke paper are saying he's definitely in charge vs Shrewsbury but probably not after (club lining up replacement) 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-rowett-moyes-allardyce-2384542

We just need a few public no thanks from the usual faces, big sam for example can stick his feet up and wait for a PL team to poop its pants, Moyes might feel his west ham work earned him PL offers, MON might just no be bothered, he's been not bothered about better jobs than Stoke.

I think Chris Coleman would be a good shout.

On 31/12/2018 at 00:47, Lambchop said:

There's some comedy gold in here as they rate his performance against Bolton.

Much of it is too obscene to quote, but a special mention for the fan who defucts him a point every game for still having big ears. ?? 

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/284736/rate-rowett-bolton

I'm admittedly, seriously uncouth, but my favourite was - "On a scale of one to ten, I’d rate him as an utter see you next Tuesday."

I find this hilarious.

Ha to Stoke

Ha to Rowett

Ha to every coach that followed him

Ha to every player that joined them 

I initially thought he may take longer to get found out, hiding behind the excuse of rebuilding and inheriting a toxic squad, but his cards were marked from a couple of games in and fans actually wanted him out from August. 

Nice hefty pay off on his 3 year contract though

Would love to see him rock up at Forest in the near future if Karanka is on his last chance and mess them up too. 

Matter of time Bolton and Wigan jobs are probably too small for him so he won't realitically return until at least summer.

Archived