Snake City watch

Zag zig

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46274218

Stoke City recorded pre-tax losses of £30.1m in 2017-18 - the season they were relegated from the Premier League.

It is the first time the club has recorded a loss in five years, with the Potters reporting profits of more than £4.9m in the 2016-17 season.

Without the player write down they would have roughly broke even (although that would be after profits of  £20m from selling players).

Will be interesting to see their wage bill for the current season.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Just out of interest where is the best place to park at Stoke?

Turn off the A50 at the stadium. Turn left at the first roundabout, straight over the next roundabout and there is a sign for away parking on the right. 5 min walk back down to the away end.

40 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Aniother NLN bargain signing, plucked from Ilkeston for peanuts. If he sorts out his attitude he'll go on to play in the {Premier League.

I'll always have a soft spot for Nige. Players like Johnny Russell, Craig Bryson, Chris Martin signed for next to nowt yet provided so much pleasure and very nearly took us up.

Young Nigel has some flaws, I don't think his biggest fans would deny that, but he also had a superb eye for a player. yeah, I know some will throw Connor Sammon and Theo Robinson out there but they were no worse than some signed by so called better managers.

I always thought Nigel needed a partner, his dad was only successful with Peter Taylor and maybe he needed someone to balance him out better than the lads he kept faith with.

51 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Aniother NLN bargain signing, plucked from Ilkeston for peanuts. If he sorts out his attitude he'll go on to play in the {Premier League.

Always thought nigel would make a good DOF... I know he’d probably never do it and nor would most managers, not at this stage anyway. But think with some of his gems he’d be well suited to that role, and I think it’s importance to a good backroom team is underrated.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Always thought nigel would make a good DOF... I know he’d probably never do it and nor would most managers, not at this stage anyway. But think with some of his gems he’d be well suited to that role, and I think it’s importance to a good backroom team is underrated.

It’s a shame we never got to see mcclaren + clough. I think that could have been a lethal combination. 

On 30/07/2018 at 20:00, smiths_tavrn said:

He's just been on Snake  Stoke-on-Trent's Sport at Six program. Fair few "worked incredibly hard", "In the building" and smacking of lips.

Stoke fans are absolutely raving about the interview on their Oatcake fanzine message board ?

For the masochists amongst you.

...has he got a pair of red n white trainers yet?

Archived