Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

You're the one who's saying the situation's in the past so he should get over it. That event might be in the past, although probably still in living memory of family members, but the situation is ongoing. It's not really for you to judge how someone like McClean should feel about it. 

Correct. Not for McClean to be calling people cavemen who disagree with him either then.

42 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes I believe so, Ive been to a few England v Germany matches and didn't feel the need to turn my back on the German flag.

Did you chant "Two World Wars and one World Cup" - or is that just 'banter'?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

A justifiable reason for finding a flag offensive? Sums up the state of this country for me. 

I'm not even slightly offended by what McClean does, I just hate his hypocrisy. 

I wouldn’t know if it’s a justifiable train of thought or not, I’m not from Derry

3 minutes ago, David said:

Garrrry Rowett what a plonker, what a plonker

Agreed. Whatever we think about McClean as an individual, surely we can all agree that he's a ssssshockingly limited footballer and you'd have to be mental to pay 6 million quid for him, whilst handing out a 4 year contract.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

Agreed. Whatever we think about McClean as an individual, surely we can all agree that he's a ssssshockingly limited footballer and you'd have to be mental to pay 6 million quid for him, whilst handing out a 4 year contract.

I’m saying nothing until we have played them!

Tom Ince will be out though which is a plus for us, surgery today for a Hernia problem. 

Would have hurt a tad seeing him stick one in, which he would have

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, I was alive for none of the events so wouldn't make much sense me chanting about them.

Doesn’t stop humps from changing about 2 European cups. Probably more surviving ww1 vets then people who were around during that part of ancient history. 

5 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

He called them uneducated cavemen for shouting abuse at him throughout every game. 

And for being from Stoke.

It’s probably just a fair assessment even if you don’t count any of the poppy stuff. That’s what I meant by it being a fairly sensible post, and ironic it’s the one he gets his wrist slapped for. Just stating fact really.

26 minutes ago, David said:

Would have hurt a tad seeing him stick one in, which he would have

Perhaps not hurt but I’d have also been annoyed that he would almost certainly get booed just because he had a face like a slapped arse and people had preconceptions that he didn’t work hard and they never wore off. 

23 minutes ago, cannable said:

Perhaps not hurt but I’d have also been annoyed that he would almost certainly get booed just because he had a face like a slapped arse and people had preconceptions that he didn’t work hard and they never wore off. 

I never really got that, he worked hard and took it seriously.

Personally I think he just became aa bit associated with the spring 2015 meltdown aand some fans never quite warmed after that, see also Darren Bent.

Archived