Snake City watch

Zag zig

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

This whole McClean situation, his own fans booing him and him lashing out on instagram could have so easily been us, not that I agree with any of that... 

Regardless of whether it’s his fault he causes trouble, and he’s not good enough to warrant it... dodged a massive bullet there 

Really poor choice of words.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

This whole McClean situation, his own fans booing him and him lashing out on instagram could have so easily been us, not that I agree with any of that... 

Regardless of whether it’s his fault he causes trouble, and he’s not good enough to warrant it... dodged a massive bullet there 

I said and I stand by it if he’d have come to Derby, I wouldn’t have gone to a game while he was here, I wouldn’t buy any merchandise from the club nothing, I can’t stand the pwick and there was no way any of my British sterling was going towards his pay 

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

The flag and anthem are more associated with British imperialism than with the 'nation', if by nation you mean the ordinary folk of this land.

You don't have to be Irish to understand that. 

True. It pisses me off that those brits took over our country and never let us have our own flag and national anthem at events (or even to have our own national anthem at all). I wonder if mcClean would have as big a problem if it were just the English flag being flown?

Interesting fact I learned the other day, London is not a capital city. Cardiff is, Belfast is, Edinburgh is. The capital of Britain is westminister. There is no capital of England. 

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

The flag and anthem are more associated with British imperialism than with the 'nation', if by nation you mean the ordinary folk of this land.

No its not.

That's just something that snowflakes will apply to it to give themselves something else to be offended about.

How many people of this day and age look at the Union Jack and associate it with imperialism? Most people don't even know what the word means never mind associate it with the flag!

The best part of the no political posts rule was that we could avoid the same dull McClean posts yet again.

The whole poppy chat is so boring. Back when I was a lad (in the 80s/90s) you wore a poppy for a couple of days around the 11th. It's become so devalued now with all the mock controvesy. Daren Bent was wearing one for the Boro game in late October, pre-Halloween! The Xmas stuff isn't even in the shops yet. Except it is.

Although, if Darren hadn't worn one, he'd have probably got death threats on the Twitter, lest we forget. He should get a poppy stitched into some of his trainers to show he really hasn't forgotten.

Have a look at the giantpoppywatch twitter. I do tend to agree the whole thing has become sso overblown as to seem to me, at least a bit, to be losing some of it's meaning. It's to remind everyone that war is terrible, that many people died, and lest we forget them, we might make those sacrifices again.

It's not a patriotism contest. It's a military pageant. It's also raises money to look after veterans and really shouldn't offend, and for the most part no one is.

8 hours ago, Lambchop said:

But it would seem that I have to be cleverer or better educated to understand it.

Can you help?

5 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

But it would seem that I have to be cleverer or better educated to understand it.

Can you help?

Probably not, without breaking the rules of the forum, or offending those who like to call others snowflakes when they imagine they are being offended by those who are not snowflakes because they never get offended, even though they do. Or something. 

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Online day Maclean will retire and we won’t need to go through this every season. 

Matic has taken up the 'no poppy' cause as well - though it seems that no-one knows why (or even if it was intentional or just a rooster-up with his shirt - the state of Man Utd this season, the latter is probably most likely)

11 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Matic has taken up the 'no poppy' cause as well - though it seems that no-one knows why (or even if it was intentional or just a rooster-up with his shirt - the state of Man Utd this season, the latter is probably most likely)

Because of the NATO bombing of Serbia apparently. 

Archived