Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

That’s just huge money - parachute payments were supposed to protect clubs from large contracts not giving them out 

Absolutely this. 

Thd parachute payment system is broken and not fit for purpose. The money should be ring fenced to pay off existing premier league contracts, and any new purchases must abide by ffp as if the parachute payments weren’t included. 

I love it when a club does this and gets themselves in the poo, they deserve nothing less. But for every villa, there’s a Newcastle just taking the piss. 

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Absolutely this. 

Thd parachute payment system is broken and not fit for purpose. The money should be ring fenced to pay off existing premier league contracts, and any new purchases must abide by ffp as if the parachute payments weren’t included. 

I love it when a club does this and gets themselves in the poo, they deserve nothing less. But for every villa, there’s a Newcastle just taking the piss. 

Absolutely. You’d think it’s not beyond the wit to means test parachute payments based on an inventory of contracts - possibly subject to a cap to stop clubs at the bottom “loading up” on players to try and stay up. 

To be fair both Shaqiri and Butland will be 2 players that Rowett would not have been in his plans for this season, even said as much himself in an early interview when asked about outgoings. No way would both stay in the Championship, especially Shaqiri who thought he was better than Stoke whilst in the PL.

Good player when he's arsed. Or else he stands still whenever he hasn't got the ball and then when he gets it he doesn't share with his team. 

Nice cheap pick up for a club like Liverpool though. He might think they're worthy of his effort.

8 hours ago, David said:

To be fair both Shaqiri and Butland will be 2 players that Rowett would not have been in his plans for this season, even said as much himself in an early interview when asked about outgoings. No way would both stay in the Championship, especially Shaqiri who thought he was better than Stoke whilst in the PL.

I don’t think butland is that easy to shift because stoke want £20 million plus but so far no one seems to be interested with them hoping Liverpool would move for him but that has failed to happen yet as they may be after someone else

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Good player when he's arsed. Or else he stands still whenever he hasn't got the ball and then when he gets it he doesn't share with his team. 

Nice cheap pick up for a club like Liverpool though. He might think they're worthy of his effort.

He’s a fat cheat. Fits in well at Stoke tbf.

Took a look at their forum yesterday, the fans reckon there is already discontent and that the “funds” promised to Rowett aren’t nearly as much as he’s actually got to spend. 

They also reckon their transfer people are totally inept and are using the Maguire loan situation as a prime example. 

Some rumblings of discontent towards Rowett already, balls not even been kicked yet, Enjoy Gary!

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Took a look at their forum yesterday, the fans reckon there is already discontent and that the “funds” promised to Rowett aren’t nearly as much as he’s actually got to spend. 

They also reckon their transfer people are totally inept and are using the Maguire loan situation as a prime example. 

Some rumblings of discontent towards Rowett already, balls not even been kicked yet, Enjoy Gary!

From their forum

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/278539/summer-2018-transfer-window?page=125#ixzz5Lb02PmXh

I find the second part of that stance (limiting loanees etc) silly, irrational and dogmatic.
Loans were important facets of the squads of promoted teams last year. Boly in defence, Jota, Boatini, N'Diaye, Afobe.
Fulham found Mitrovic a tad useful too.
And then you had players like Harry Wilson scoring double figures
One of the top 3 standout creative players in that league last season was also probably Snodgrass.

The idea that loan players are somehow uncommitted vs younger players or perm players is unfounded drivel.

On 11/07/2018 at 19:20, Sparkle said:

I don’t think butland is that easy to shift because stoke want £20 million plus but so far no one seems to be interested with them hoping Liverpool would move for him but that has failed to happen yet as they may be after someone else

I find it hard to believe that Roma's Alisson is £40m better than Butland.  I thought Liverpool's spending had been quite shrewd this pre-season, and they pull 66 MILLION EUROS out their back pocket to sign a goalie with a single season's worth of experience in a top league!!

Archived