Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the comments of some of the lads on the oatcake forum.

Talking about Pulis' effective football against Rowett's:

"At time it wasn't the best, but duck me serving up absolute dross and shithousing your way to win 1-0 is better than serving up absolute dross and getting spanked by Leeds from start to finish"

Given that it is their first game it's hardly a barometer of success for Gaz, but when they are saying they'd rather have Pulis! 

4 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Loving the comments of some of the lads on the oatcake forum.

Talking about Pulis' effective football against Rowett's:

"At time it wasn't the best, but duck me serving up absolute dross and shithousing your way to win 1-0 is better than serving up absolute dross and getting spanked by Leeds from start to finish"

Given that it is their first game it's hardly a barometer of success for Gaz, but when they are saying they'd rather have Pulis! 

Poor mans Pulis is used quite a bit,I cant stop reading it...its hilarious,and we got £2million ?

They were so smug on twitter when he signed, i've already reminded some of them of that

4 minutes ago, leamram said:

Poor mans Pulis is used quite a bit,I cant stop reading it...its hilarious,and we got £2million ?

They were so smug on twitter when he signed, i've already reminded some of them of that

Poor mans Pulis is not a bad description. The crap thing about that for Rowett is that I’m not sure any manager would really want to be compared to Pulis, let alone being compared as a pooper version of him. 

The league already has a Pulis, so even if that style does have success written all over it, theoretically Stoke won’t do as well as Middlesbrough. It will be interesting to see whether Pulis or Rowett does better this season. 

I still find it incredible that some Stoke fans are surprised by their style of play against Leeds. Didn't they believe us? Didn't they do some research and watch Derby play? Just hope we put on a sizzling attacking exciting style of play against Leeds and really rub salt into the wounds!

18 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

I still find it incredible that some Stoke fans are surprised by their style of play against Leeds. Didn't they believe us? Didn't they do some research and watch Derby play? Just hope we put on a sizzling attacking exciting style of play against Leeds and really rub salt into the wounds!

And hammer Leeds in the process. It would be nice to show Gary what you can do with a bit of endeavour i.e. what we didn’t show against Fulham. 

54 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Beating Brentford. Sounds like they'd continued from the Leeds game and were awful but thanks to a mix up between £20 million man Mepham and their keeper Bentley, Afobe had a tap in

Knowing Rowett, they've had 11 men behind the ball since scoring. Will likely finish 1-0. 

Archived