World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

22 minutes ago, David said:

Just like to declare my duel citizenship now, I'm English born and part Brazilian, I'll leave that part to your imagination. 

Eu sou Brasileiro!

Get out!

I've been in Mexico for 8 years. I have dual nationality. My girlfriend is Mexican and my unborn child is Mexican. I think my links are a little stronger than yours. 

Come on Mexico! I don't expect them to go through, but let's do the country proud.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Get out!

I've been in Mexico for 8 years. I have dual nationality. My girlfriend is Mexican and my unborn child is Mexican. I think my links are a little stronger than yours. 

Come on Mexico! I don't expect them to go through, but let's do the country proud.

You don't know how long I've been part Brazilian!

Congrats by the way....not on the citizenship, the baby. Make sure they join the forum once they are old enough. 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Get out!

Pfft. How do you know its Mexican if its unborn? Could be Japanese! 

15 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

My wife actually is part Brazilian. So when we got dumped out in the group stages last time, we all pretended to have a tenuous link to Brazil. Then they went and lost 6-1. Ffs. 

Besides that we can claim a bit of Irish, Norwegian, Italian, Chilean, and my wife might have a touch of Spanish conquistador in her if you look back far enough. So absolutely none of that helps. It’s england or nothing. 

7-1.  No point in sugar-coating it.  ?

Brazil only send 4 players up for the corner to try and deal with Mexico's counter attack, and they still manage to create a chance on the counter. 

Really impressive.

Mexico looked the better team for the first 20 mins, then Brazil took over.

I can’t see Mexico winning as they’re not good enough in the final third. They just lack proper quality.

If Mexico had Salah and Mbappe up there then they could win the World Cup playing this way.

But they don’t. They have Vela, Chicharito and Chuky who despite possessing bags of pace and trickery, they lack thay killer blow.

Wish Mexico had a final ball. They looked so good up to that point, then got let down by the final pass on a lot of occasions.

Will be so happy when Brazil are knocked out. Neymar is a cheating see you next Tuesday.

Mexico pull every emotion out of you. They’ve done us proud, just lost to the better team.

The lack of quality in the final third for Mexico has been the biggest difference. In general it’s been a decent game and Mexico have quality reaching the final third. They play in a really attractive style. But they ultimately lack a killer blow and that’s due to a lack of quality.

Brazil vs Belgium should be fantastic. Let’s see if they can handle Hazard and De Bruyne.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mexico pull every emotion out of you. They’ve done us proud, just lost to the better team.

The lack of quality in the final third for Mexico has been the biggest difference. In general it’s been a decent game and Mexico have quality reaching the final third. They play in a really attractive style. But they ultimately lack a killer blow and that’s due to a lack of quality.

Brazil vs Belgium should be fantastic. Let’s see if they can handle Hazard and De Bruyne.

Bris you had five, six, seven chances to play someone into the box when you had runners left and right. There was a real hesitance to play the final ball even when it was an easy pass and some poor decision making from the young lad who otherwise looked very dangerous.

Sorry to see you out mate, some of the play was very easy on the eye.

Neymat, I know this is a ridiculous thing to say but he's poo.

Not good for the game at all to have such a high profile player like him be such a twit.

I really do dislike him, he's set himself up as some kind of God don't touch me I'm neymar.

Little piece of poo.

8 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Bris you had five, six, seven chances to play someone into the box when you had runners left and right. There was a real hesitance to play the final ball even when it was an easy pass and some poor decision making from the young lad who otherwise looked very dangerous.

Sorry to see you out mate, some of the play was very easy on the eye.

Neymat, I know this is a ridiculous thing to say but he's poo.

Not good for the game at all to have such a high profile player like him be such a twit.

I really do dislike him, he's set himself up as some kind of God don't touch me I'm neymar.

Little piece of poo.

Yeah it was really frustrating. Whether it’s pulling the trigger straight away (Herrera) or playing an easy pass (Gallardo) but going for glory, it was constantly the wrong decision in the final third from Mexico.

Tactically they’ve been decent against Germany and Brazil, but it’s the lack of quality in decision-making and final ball that let us down.

End of an era for some too like Guardado, Rafa Marquez, Chicharito and Carlos Vela.

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Will Brazil have any players fit for the next round after all those sickening injuries

I think all those sickening injuries happened to the same player so they're going to be alright. ?

What a plonker Neymar is though. 

With any luck, all the big beasts in that half of the draw will exhaust each other in a series of titanic clashes, leaving the way clear for Ingerland to bring it home in a series of glittering 1-0 triumphs (set pieces, Stones nod down to Kane) against Colombia, Sweden, Russia before a final against surprise team Uruguay?

Bigger picture is obciously more important but I reckon if Harry notches tomorrow he'll win the golden boot.

Especially if Japan can keep Belgium down to a single goal tonight. I can't explain why but I've got a feeling in my bones it's going to extra time.

Who's left to challenge him other than Mbappe and Lukaku.

Archived